AS&SH FORUM



Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2019 8:42 am  #21


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

Ah well, nothing is open for sign-up yet, that I could see.


"My own concepts in this regard are easy and clear, and I am sure that the word 'simplistic' will be used by my critics. These folk are callow and turgid of intellect; I am reassured by their howls and yelps."
Jack Vance, The Face
 

2/05/2019 8:44 am  #22


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

rhialto are you going to both cons? GADCon has signups now as its in early March.  BFGCon is later.


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

2/06/2019 10:11 am  #23


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

mabon5127 wrote:

tomas wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

One game approved for two slots Friday 9-1pm and Saturday 8-12am.  Ptarmigan Nights: Riches Remembered!  

I have Rats in the Wall approved for Gadcon and will see if I can get a slot for BFGCon. I certainly want to play in your game!

Hey tomas, I saw your game posted for GADCon but it did not have a GM listed and so no one can sign up!  You may want to see what the issue is!  Thanks.
 

I did notice that and it has been resolved. Yesterday was the first day that people could sign up for games and I managed to get me and my son squared away.

I'm also running Rats at BFGCon on Saturday in the 2-6pm slot. As soon as game sign up opens I'll be trying to get into your game.

     Thread Starter
 

2/06/2019 10:28 am  #24


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

tomas wrote:

I did notice that and it has been resolved. Yesterday was the first day that people could sign up for games and I managed to get me and my son squared away.

I'm also running Rats at BFGCon on Saturday in the 2-6pm slot. As soon as game sign up opens I'll be trying to get into your game.

Hmmm, I still don't see the sign-up for anything, just the schedule. But we're registered, awaiting the notice to sign up...


"My own concepts in this regard are easy and clear, and I am sure that the word 'simplistic' will be used by my critics. These folk are callow and turgid of intellect; I am reassured by their howls and yelps."
Jack Vance, The Face
 

2/06/2019 12:47 pm  #25


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

rhialto wrote:

Hmmm, I still don't see the sign-up for anything, just the schedule. But we're registered, awaiting the notice to sign up...

For GadCon? Or are you looking at BFGCon?

     Thread Starter
 

2/06/2019 12:52 pm  #26


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

tomas wrote:

rhialto wrote:

Hmmm, I still don't see the sign-up for anything, just the schedule. But we're registered, awaiting the notice to sign up...

For GadCon? Or are you looking at BFGCon?

Sorry, BFGCon: I belatedly see you both were referring to GADCon...http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png


"My own concepts in this regard are easy and clear, and I am sure that the word 'simplistic' will be used by my critics. These folk are callow and turgid of intellect; I am reassured by their howls and yelps."
Jack Vance, The Face
 

2/06/2019 2:08 pm  #27


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

Not a problem. Today is the start for BFGCon VIP ticket holders to sign up for games. The rest of us have to wait until the 13th.

Last edited by tomas (2/06/2019 2:08 pm)

     Thread Starter
 

2/06/2019 2:48 pm  #28


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

tomas wrote:

Not a problem. Today is the start for BFGCon VIP ticket holders to sign up for games. The rest of us have to wait until the 13th.

Ah, thanks for the tip: I'll be sure to sign up then, as I want to get in all the AS&SH games I can, a common desire of AS&SH Refs I assume. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png


"My own concepts in this regard are easy and clear, and I am sure that the word 'simplistic' will be used by my critics. These folk are callow and turgid of intellect; I am reassured by their howls and yelps."
Jack Vance, The Face
 

2/11/2019 8:33 am  #29


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

http://i64.tinypic.com/10nhzs8.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/2wp79c3.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/2wqbnns.jpg

I want to use these re-purposed VCR cases as player organizers.  They would contain the character mini, a dry erase pen, a dry erase eraser, 3 memory beads (scenario specific bennies), the badge banner (Hyperborea Seeker), and a North Wind business card.  I may use them in the future for other things but this is a start.


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

2/11/2019 11:46 am  #30


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

mabon5127 wrote:

http://i64.tinypic.com/10nhzs8.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/2wp79c3.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/2wqbnns.jpg

I want to use these re-purposed VCR cases as player organizers.  They would contain the character mini, a dry erase pen, a dry erase eraser, 3 memory beads (scenario specific bennies), the badge banner (Hyperborea Seeker), and a North Wind business card.  I may use them in the future for other things but this is a start.

Just in awe....
 


3d6 straight.
 

2/12/2019 5:24 am  #31


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

Those are very nice: you humble my half-baked Ref-prep skills...


"My own concepts in this regard are easy and clear, and I am sure that the word 'simplistic' will be used by my critics. These folk are callow and turgid of intellect; I am reassured by their howls and yelps."
Jack Vance, The Face
 

2/12/2019 8:50 am  #32


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

rhialto wrote:

Those are very nice: you humble my half-baked Ref-prep skills...

Thanks guys!  I get these "half-baked" ideas that allow me to procrastinate on actual adventure prep!!



 


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

2/25/2019 7:23 pm  #33


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

So cool on the player cases!! Is there any way to see these two event full listing schedules online without actually signing up for the event?  Totalcon was a blast and want to get to some of these too!

 

2/25/2019 7:28 pm  #34


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

WebwayDrifter wrote:

So cool on the player cases!! Is there any way to see these two event full listing schedules online without actually signing up for the event?  Totalcon was a blast and want to get to some of these too!

Never mind found them!

 

3/16/2019 3:56 pm  #35


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

Looking forward to some ASSH  tonight at BFGCon!!

 

3/16/2019 5:24 pm  #36


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

Awesome! Have fun. 


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

3/16/2019 6:25 pm  #37


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

Absolutely awesome! 


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
 

3/17/2019 6:10 am  #38


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

How did it go?


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

3/17/2019 10:18 am  #39


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

http://i64.tinypic.com/aue3qc.jpg
Great crew here!  Fantastic players!  I was able to meet many folks from the forums in person! I'll let them ID themselves if they wish.

 


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

3/17/2019 10:29 am  #40


Re: GADcon and BFGCon

http://i67.tinypic.com/2lsiafq.jpg

Another great game! Though few in number they were great players!
 


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

Board footera





“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2019 North Wind Adventures, LLC.