!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2019 3:43 pm  #1

GADcon and BFGCon

Happy New Year!

Anybody else attending either Gadcon (Aberdeen, MD) or BFGCon (Frederick, MD) this March? I'm planning on going to both and may run an ASSH game. Hopefully play one as well.

I'm thinking of running Rats in the Wall. How does that work for con play?

1/07/2019 6:34 am  #2

Re: GADcon and BFGCon

Hmmm, didn't know about either, but BFGCon is only 45 min from me: I'd love to play some AS&SH there, and my son would be in, too. You should do it. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

1/07/2019 8:00 pm  #3

tomas wrote:

Happy New Year!

Anybody else attending either Gadcon (Aberdeen, MD) or BFGCon (Frederick, MD) this March? I'm planning on going to both and may run an ASSH game. Hopefully play one as well.

My goal was to attend both conventions.  I would normally attend Gary Con but my daughter is giving birth within a week of that great event so I am staying within driving distance.  I had not signed up to run anything as yet.  I wanted to attend first to see how things worked but.......

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/20/2019 8:00 pm  #4

tomas wrote:

Happy New Year!

BFGCon reached out to Jeff to see if he could rustle up some Refs to run AS&SH. I’m going to run a couple games.

While in my soul forever

1/21/2019 9:38 am  #5

mabon5127 wrote:

tomas wrote:

Happy New Year!

BFGCon reached out to Jeff to see if he could rustle up some Refs to run AS&SH. I’m going to run a couple games.

Awesome news! I'll plan to be there.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."

1/21/2019 11:14 am  #6

Yes, if any of you would be willing to run a game of AS&SH at BFGCon, they are seeking our referees! I think it's fantastic that they would reach out to us looking to add some AS&SH to their menu. Please consider running one game if you're in the area!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/21/2019 11:18 am  #7

Also, keep in mind that Paul, the RPG organizer, informed me of the following:

We can offer a 1 day pass for each 4- hour slot that is volunteered.

1/21/2019 12:54 pm  #8

Ghul wrote:

Yes, if any of you would be willing to run a game of AS&SH at BFGCon, they are seeking our referees! I think it's fantastic that they would reach out to us looking to add some AS&SH to their menu. Please consider running one game if you're in the area!

One game approved for two slots Friday 9-1pm and Saturday 8-12am.  Ptarmigan Nights: Riches Remembered!

The famed reavers of Khromarium gather to celebrate their adventures, victories, and lost comrades, over their long careers. Recount with them their tales of high adventure!

While in my soul forever

1/21/2019 1:56 pm  #9

That's excellent! I'm so happy to hear this news.

1/22/2019 8:38 am  #10

mabon5127 wrote:

One game approved for two slots Friday 9-1pm and Saturday 8-12am.  Ptarmigan Nights: Riches Remembered!

The famed reavers of Khromarium gather to celebrate their adventures, victories, and lost comrades, over their long careers. Recount with them their tales of high adventure!

Sounds excellent!

1/22/2019 9:53 am  #11

mabon5127 wrote:

I have Rats in the Wall approved for Gadcon and will see if I can get a slot for BFGCon. I certainly want to play in your game!

Last edited by tomas (1/22/2019 8:10 pm)

1/22/2019 11:25 am  #12

rhialto wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Sounds excellent!

Thanks, bud!

While in my soul forever

1/22/2019 11:25 am  #13

tomas wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

I have Rats in the Wall approved for Gadcon and will see if I can get a slot for BFGCon. I certainly want to play in your game!

Thanks, man!

While in my soul forever

1/22/2019 12:55 pm  #14

I registered for my son and myself this morning, but actual event sign-up isn't active yet: will be joining whatever AS&SH games are being run. Thanks gents!

1/22/2019 2:00 pm  #15

mabon5127 wrote:

rhialto wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Sounds excellent!

Thanks, bud!

This is an excellent adventure.

I chose those words on purpose!

But, yeah, do yourself a favor and play in this game!

1/22/2019 2:15 pm  #16

Handy Haversack wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

rhialto wrote:

Sounds excellent!

Thanks, bud!

This is an excellent adventure.

I chose those words on purpose!

But, yeah, do yourself a favor and play in this game!

Thanks Handy! You are very kind. This is sort of a Ptarmigan II with all new adventures! I hope it will hold up!

While in my soul forever

1/22/2019 8:11 pm  #17

I submitted a proposal to BFGCon to run Rats in the Wall. Let's see what they say.

1/22/2019 8:20 pm  #18

tomas wrote:

I submitted a proposal to BFGCon to run Rats in the Wall. Let's see what they say.

Sounds good, I'll keep my eyes on the schedule.

2/05/2019 7:55 am  #19

tomas wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Hey tomas, I saw your game posted for GADCon but it did not have a GM listed and so no one can sign up!  You may want to see what the issue is!  Thanks.

While in my soul forever

2/05/2019 8:37 am  #20

mabon5127 wrote:

tomas wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Hey tomas, I saw your game posted for GADCon but it did not have a GM listed and so no one can sign up!  You may want to see what the issue is!  Thanks.

Thanks, I signed up for notification when games were available to register for, but didn't see anything: headed there now!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.