!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2016 1:03 pm  #1

Uzuldaroum?

According to Smith's stories, Uzuldaroum became the capital of Hyperborea after the populace left Khromarium.

Anyone use this city in their campaign? Smith placed it about a day from Khromarium, but I'm thinking of putting the ruins in Brigand's Bay and potentially tying it to the Hyperborean's brief flirtation with Druidism prior to the Green Death.

4/19/2016 1:29 pm  #2

Re: Uzuldaroum?

A day from Khromarium would still be in the same hex on the big map! CAS wasn't thinking on our scales. Given that, your idea sounds good. Why not?

I also like the thought that every Hyperborean household that retreated with its slaves, icons, incunabula, artifacts, immanence engines, and particular scent etiquette to a fastness in the Spiral Mountain Array to live or die in decadent isolation called that retreat Uzuldaroum, which would have to mean something self-aggrandizing and dramatically ironic like "Eternal Splendor of the Last Righteous Demons" or "Whence Springs the New and Final Paradise" or something.

4/19/2016 9:04 pm  #3

Hmm; an Amazonian skyship can travel 90 miles in a day. Perhaps the more advanced Hyperborean vessels could make the trip from Khromarium to Brigand's Bay in a single day?

Indeed; each isolated Hyperborian retreat within the Spiral Mountain Array deserves its own pretentious title.

1/14/2017 11:09 pm  #4

I was thinking about this too! I seem to remember Uzuldaroum was eons post Hyperboria in CAS' cannon and a part of the Zothique Setting. I imagine that is why Jeff left it off map. still I will definitely be using it in my game because I have such a strong mental image of the place.

"We alone of all mankind, who are sorcerers of high attainment and mastery, may endure the lethal ice-change and become breathers of the airless void, and thus, in the end, be made suitable for the provender of such as Rlim Shaikorth." sounds great unless you know what Provender means.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.