photo HYPERBOREATitleLogo_zpsb3d1e44b.jpg


Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!




You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/08/2016 9:32 pm  #321


Re: AS&SH 2nd Print?

The weight of a quart of wine was adjusted to two pounds. Thanks.

The saving throw number with no categorical bonuses for monsters is by intent. Some monsters go to 16 HD which is a base 9 SV as compared to the PC base 11 maximum at 12th level. Some monsters (roper, daemons) have spell resistance, too. Many many monsters have specific spell or effect immunities. PCs have bonuses because they are men and women of heroic stamp, typically superior to the commoners walking the streets of Khromarium and elsewhere. To my way of thinking it all works out, so this is not something I would change. Only for the rare classed humanoids would I consider it, IMC.


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
 

12/09/2016 9:28 am  #322


Re: AS&SH 2nd Print?

Ghul wrote:

The weight of a quart of wine was adjusted to two pounds. Thanks.

More wine, grease, and glue for everyone!

Ghul wrote:

The saving throw number with no categorical bonuses for monsters is by intent. Some monsters go to 16 HD which is a base 9 SV as compared to the PC base 11 maximum at 12th level. Some monsters (roper, daemons) have spell resistance, too. Many many monsters have specific spell or effect immunities. PCs have bonuses because they are men and women of heroic stamp, typically superior to the commoners walking the streets of Khromarium and elsewhere. To my way of thinking it all works out, so this is not something I would change. Only for the rare classed humanoids would I consider it, IMC.

OK . . . but sometimes it seems like you don't even *want* the monsters to win!
 

 

12/09/2016 5:23 pm  #323


Re: AS&SH 2nd Print?

Handy Haversack wrote:

OK . . . but sometimes it seems like you don't even *want* the monsters to win!

This is Hyperborea---the land of equal-defeat opportunity, for both PCs and monsters! :D :D

Allan.

 

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.