!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2016 12:15 pm  #1

Hey all! New GM and Member here!

I just wanted to say thanks for having me as a member!

I ref’ed my first session a month ago and I really liked the feel of the game. I liked it well enough to buy the 1st edition print on top of PDF bundle I had already purchased. This was right at the start of the 2nd edition hardcover. That gives you some idea of how wowed I was by the system.

It’s my long standing practice to homebrew my own settings and adventures and I continued this tradition with my Wastelands Hex Crawl campaign. It takes place after reality has been shattered and one village in the Wastelands sends our an expedition to find out if anyone is left out there.

Anyway just wanted to say hello!

11/22/2016 12:38 pm  #2

Re: Hey all! New GM and Member here!

Welcome aboard! I look forward to hearing more about how your campaign develops! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/22/2016 1:19 pm  #3

MWRuger wrote:

I ref’ed my first session a month ago and I really liked the feel of the game. I liked it well enough to buy the 1st edition print on top of PDF bundle I had already purchased. This was right at the start of the 2nd edition hardcover. That gives you some idea of how wowed I was by the system.

It’s my long standing practice to homebrew my own settings and adventures and I continued this tradition with my Wastelands Hex Crawl campaign. It takes place after reality has been shattered and one village in the Wastelands sends our an expedition to find out if anyone is left out there.

Anyway just wanted to say hello!

Awesome welcome MWruger. Is the game you are running online or face to face? Where abouts are you located if I may ask? Thanks and the game sounds fun

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

11/22/2016 1:34 pm  #4

I live in Houston, but the game is in Dallas. It's face to face.

So far it has been fun. After session zero the party went into the wilderness and encountered a Great White Ape of Barsoom (Burrough's Mars) that ripped the scout apart. To north is the Goblin Market run by a merchant species of goblins who use Talos (lava fueled animated statues) to maintain and protect the market from troublemakers. There are literally hundreds of things they could find depending where they go and what they do.

11/22/2016 7:38 pm  #5

Good to have you MWRuger!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

11/22/2016 8:18 pm  #6

MWRuger wrote:

Welcome! Love to hear your about your game. You should start a journal in the Campaign forum.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/23/2016 12:01 am  #7

That's a good idea!

11/23/2016 6:46 am  #8

Welcome aboard and enjoy AS&SH!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

11/23/2016 8:31 am  #9

Welcome aboard!

11/23/2016 10:36 pm  #10

MWRuger wrote:

If you haven't yet, you should definitely come over to the North Texas RPG Con in June in DFW.  Much fun is had by old schoolers, and Jeff's a perrenial vendor and DM!

And I'll second the request for a campaign journal :D

11/24/2016 12:35 am  #11

I'll be there. I'm up there about once a month anyway!

11/25/2016 12:38 am  #12

Excellent!   If you haven't registered yet, the convention is already more than half sold-out:  https://tabletop.events/conventions/ntrpgcon-2017/badgetypes

11/28/2016 10:36 am  #13

MWRuger wrote:

I live in McKinney!  Any openings in your game?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.