!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2016 2:20 pm  #1

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2nd Edition

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/04/2016 2:50 pm  #2

Re: Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2nd Edition

Sweeeeet! A date in stone is set!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

9/04/2016 4:24 pm  #3

9/04/2016 4:29 pm  #4

Sweet! Any ideas on UK shipping?

9/04/2016 7:05 pm  #5

Looks great! Pumped, man.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/04/2016 8:37 pm  #6

wulfgar22 wrote:

Sweet! Any ideas on UK shipping?

I'm still estimating hardback page count + map weight together to get a total weight. So, no estimate yet. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/04/2016 9:26 pm  #7

I cannot wait for this! 

9/05/2016 7:27 am  #8

Yeeeesssss!  The wait is nearly(ish) over......

9/05/2016 7:46 am  #9

Money already set aside!  The map alone is going to be worth whatever you're charging.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/05/2016 10:27 am  #10

Awesome! (As long as you don't cleanse it by taking out the devils and demons etc.)

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

9/05/2016 10:33 am  #11

This is so cool and long awaited! Looking forward to seeing the Kickstarter!

Níu man ek heima, níu íviðjur,
mjötvið mæran fyr mold neðan.
(Völuspá)
(Nine worlds I knew,the nine in the tree with mighty roots beneath the mold)
Realmsofmelpomene

9/06/2016 8:55 am  #12

So... I found these boards. Just in time for Second Edition.

Woot!

Psalm 73:26 | "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books." -- E. Gary Gygax
"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

9/06/2016 9:00 am  #13

Zudrak wrote:

Woot!

Welcome aboard Zudrak! Should be good. 

9/06/2016 11:47 am  #14

Scalydemon wrote:

Awesome! (As long as you don't cleanse it by taking out the devils and demons etc.)

It'll be a kinder, gentler Hyperborea, so as not to offend any soccer moms. Does anyone really play assassins and monks anyway? You'll hardly miss them. Plus, check out our new d10 initiative system.

9/06/2016 12:57 pm  #15

DMPrata wrote:

Scalydemon wrote:

It'll be a kinder, gentler Hyperborea, so as not to offend any soccer moms. Does anyone really play assassins and monks anyway? You'll hardly miss them. Plus, check out our new d10 initiative system.

LOL!

9/06/2016 4:12 pm  #16

DMPrata wrote:

Scalydemon wrote:

Ba(atezu)hahaha! I hope there will be no ta(n)arr'i-ing in making Second Edition splatbooks.

EDIT: Every time I see your name/screen name, Dave, I am reminded of our talk about using the name "Damp Rat Alley" in that section of Yggsburgh that we weren't sure was mine or yours. 

Last edited by Zudrak (9/06/2016 4:14 pm)

Psalm 73:26 | "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books." -- E. Gary Gygax
"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

9/07/2016 11:53 am  #17

Chainsaw wrote:

Zudrak wrote:

Woot!

Thanks, Chainsaw! (Sorry I missed your post yesterday.)

-- E. Gary Gygax

9/07/2016 11:56 am  #18

Zudrak wrote:

Every time I see your name/screen name, Dave, I am reminded of our talk about using the name "Damp Rat Alley" in that section of Yggsburgh that we weren't sure was mine or yours. 

Ha! I remember Damp Rat Alley. I deeply regret not finishing the Mixed Company District. Gary, on the other hand, was quite relieved not to be saddled with that particular appellation for his unnamed alley. Maybe we can work it into Khromarium somewhere... 

9/07/2016 11:59 am  #19

Zudrak wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Thanks, Chainsaw! (Sorry I missed your post yesterday.)

No sweat, man. 

9/08/2016 12:18 am  #20

DMPrata wrote:

Zudrak wrote:

Every time I see your name/screen name, Dave, I am reminded of our talk about using the name "Damp Rat Alley" in that section of Yggsburgh that we weren't sure was mine or yours. 

Ha! I remember Damp Rat Alley. I deeply regret not finishing the Mixed Company District. Gary, on the other hand, was quite relieved not to be saddled with that particular appellation for his unnamed alley. Maybe we can work it into Khromarium somewhere... 

Heh. That (Damp Rat Alley in Khromarium) would be cool.

I regret it, as well. I regret that I could not finish because of my first wife's declining health but more so that (with a couple of exceptions) *no one* could finish because of the events after Gary's passing. I would have loved to have seen all the cool stuff we were discussing on the old TLG "hidden" boards.

Selfishly, I wish I could have seen how my successor finished my paltry attempt at writing Rivergate.

-- E. Gary Gygax

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.