!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2016 8:07 pm  #1

Charnel Crypt: standalone vs. Knockspell

I have Knockspell #1, which includes Charnel Crypt. Is the version in the magazine pretty much the same as the version that is published standalone?

9/01/2016 8:34 pm  #2

Re: Charnel Crypt: standalone vs. Knockspell

The differences were minor. Early on I had shown Matt and whoever was helping him with layout my pencil sketch map, but I didn't want that used in the published magazine. I had commissioned a much better map from Andreas Claren. I had also commissioned Ian Baggley to Illustrate the adventure. For some reason, the polished map and the illustrations didn't make it into the magazine. I wasn't happy so I decided to publish the adventure. Once I did that, I made some light changes and a few small additions. I'm a little hazy on the specifics though, because it was 2009.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/01/2016 8:37 pm  #3

Re: Charnel Crypt: standalone vs. Knockspell

Thank you for the info. I was mainly wondering if it had been expanded; sounds like it's mostly the same with a few tweaks and better maps and illustrations.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.