!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/16/2016 12:14 pm  #21

Re: Gary Con IX (2017)

francisca wrote:

I'm going to re-write/tighten up my Trouble in Vikland adventures and re-run them, on-grid.  There will be a part I and part II, and I'm considering running them back to back.

They go well, I turn them over to Jeff to consider for publication.  If they tank, I'll....hell, I dunno, make up some new stuff I guess.

Sounds great, Rich. I know in the past they went over really well, and you'll probably attract a whole new crop of players this time around. Looking forward to reading it whenever you're ready!

Cheers,
Jeff T.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

8/16/2016 2:02 pm  #22

I have yet to play this, Rich. If you don't mind, I'm going to try to sign up when event registration opens for silver.

8/16/2016 2:27 pm  #23

Josh wrote:

I have yet to play this, Rich. If you don't mind, I'm going to try to sign up when event registration opens for silver.

Ditto!

8/16/2016 2:56 pm  #24

francisca wrote:

I'm going to re-write/tighten up my Trouble in Vikland adventures and re-run them, on-grid.  There will be a part I and part II, and I'm considering running them back to back.

They go well, I turn them over to Jeff to consider for publication.  If they tank, I'll....hell, I dunno, make up some new stuff I guess.

Would love to get in this as well.  There is going to be a lot of ASSH goodness this year.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

8/23/2016 8:21 pm  #25

Probably will run at these two:

A Night at the Ptarmigan

Your band of aging treasure hunters has gathered at their favorite inn to reminisce about their closest calls, greatest triumphs, and most thrilling adventures.

That Which is Old is New Again

Below Khromarium a very few of the ancient Hyperborean race gather to remember their greatness and do more than yearn for a return to better days. Bloody rituals have been exacted and Xathoqqua himself has assigned the necessary tasks to bring about lost glory.  Your band of powerful sorcerers and swordsmen must rise to the challenges, complete the labors assigned, and return the ancient peoples to their proper place as rulers of Icy Hyperborea.

While in my soul forever

8/24/2016 7:10 am  #26

mabon5127 wrote:

Probably will run at these two:

A Night at the Ptarmigan

Your band of aging treasure hunters has gathered at their favorite inn to reminisce about their closest calls, greatest triumphs, and most thrilling adventures.

That Which is Old is New Again

Below Khromarium a very few of the ancient Hyperborean race gather to remember their greatness and do more than yearn for a return to better days. Bloody rituals have been exacted and Xathoqqua himself has assigned the necessary tasks to bring about lost glory.  Your band of powerful sorcerers and swordsmen must rise to the challenges, complete the labors assigned, and return the ancient peoples to their proper place as rulers of Icy Hyperborea.

These sound great, Morgan! 

8/24/2016 7:44 am  #27

Ghul wrote:

These sound great, Morgan! 

Agreed! I hope one of them fits my schedule. I really enjoyed the game of his I played at Gary Con back in 2013.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

8/24/2016 8:01 am  #28

Playing in one of Morgan's games is on my hit list.

On the other hand, I want others beyond our loosely-knit AS&SH community to play the game, so I'm a bit reluctant to take up a seat that a new-to-AS&SH player might otherwise take.

Also, Vikland will be run as two sessions, with the second continuing the first adventure.  How do you guys think it would go over if I scheduled the first for 10AM-2PM, followed by part 2 at 3PM-7PM?  Or, 10AM-2PM, followed by 2PM-6PM, with the stipulation that we'll be ending the 10AM session at 1:45PM, and starting the second at 2:15PM?

8/24/2016 8:43 am  #29

francisca wrote:

Playing in one of Morgan's games is on my hit list.

Thanks bud!

francisca wrote:

On the other hand, I want others beyond our loosely-knit AS&SH community to play the game, so I'm a bit reluctant to take up a seat that a new-to-AS&SH player might otherwise take.

This has always been my reluctance in playing in an ASSH game with Jeff or one of the "crew".  I run primarily for fun then to bring new folks into the fold.  This is selfish as I want to provide Jeff with a reason to continue creating for a game that reignited my creative spark!  That being said I will reward my self with at least one ASSH game!

francisca wrote:

Also, Vikland will be run as two sessions, with the second continuing the first adventure.  How do you guys think it would go over if I scheduled the first for 10AM-2PM, followed by part 2 at 3PM-7PM?  Or, 10AM-2PM, followed by 2PM-6PM, with the stipulation that we'll be ending the 10AM session at 1:45PM, and starting the second at 2:15PM?

Getting the same players for a continuation can be difficult as there will always be scheduling difficulties.  New folks may not want to take a chance on the same GM for two events.  I would keep the two events relatively self contained realizing you may only get a few that are in both sessions. I like the hour in between as it allows for a break.

While in my soul forever

9/08/2016 11:35 am  #30

In case anyone who cares missed it: http://garycon.com/how-to-submit-events/

9/08/2016 12:21 pm  #31

They mention keeping things family friendly at least three times!  I wonder what is bringing on the concern? 

They do seem to want to get games submitted sooner than later.  I saw on another part of the site that you get a free t-shirt if you submit 10 hrs of games by Oct. 15th.

9/08/2016 1:26 pm  #32

lige wrote:

They mention keeping things family friendly at least three times!  I wonder what is bringing on the concern?

So much for my "Hyperborean Whorehouse" adventure...

9/08/2016 2:17 pm  #33

Chainsaw wrote:

lige wrote:

So much for my "Hyperborean Whorehouse" adventure...

No guts no glory!

While in my soul forever

9/08/2016 6:56 pm  #34

lige wrote:

They mention keeping things family friendly at least three times! I wonder what is bringing on the concern?

They do seem to want to get games submitted sooner than later. I saw on another part of the site that you get a free t-shirt if you submit 10 hrs of games by Oct. 15th.

It has been corrected to 12 hours everywhere.

What? Me worry?

9/11/2016 7:55 am  #35

Anyone submitted events yet? I'm leaning toward the list below, but I haven't submitted anything yet.

Thurs afternoon (12-4) - Corpse Creek
Thurs night (8-12) - Foolsgrave

Fri afternoon (12-4) - Corpse Creek
Fri night (4-8) - Corpse Creek

Sat afternoon (12-4) - Crystal Point

9/11/2016 8:12 am  #36

You have definitely upped the bar!!  You actually get to play on Saturday night!

While in my soul forever

9/11/2016 8:36 am  #37

mabon5127 wrote:

You have definitely upped the bar!!

Ha! You have been running lots of games for years, man, so I'm just trying to keep up! Plus, I'm really hoping we can break 20+ events this year.

mabon5217 wrote:

You actually get to play on Saturday night!

Possibly Friday night too. We'll see!

@Ghul - any format for event titles you would recommend? In the past, I have seen you use the following format (example below).

HYPERBOREA: [event title]
HYPERBOREA: The Strange Tale of Crystal Point

9/11/2016 4:51 pm  #38

Chainsaw wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

You have definitely upped the bar!!

Ha! You have been running lots of games for years, man, so I'm just trying to keep up! Plus, I'm really hoping we can break 20+ events this year.

mabon5217 wrote:

You actually get to play on Saturday night!

Possibly Friday night too. We'll see!

@Ghul - any format for event titles you would recommend? In the past, I have seen you use the following format (example below).

Great question.

While in my soul forever

9/11/2016 5:32 pm  #39

They have an AS&SH designation under RPG's now.  The abbreviation is ok but may not be recognizable to new folks to the game registering for games. 

While in my soul forever

9/11/2016 5:50 pm  #40

Chainsaw wrote:

Yes, sir, that's exactly what I'd like to see. That format will then grab the eyes of folks who are looking for Hyperborea events as they thumb through the print catalog.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.