!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2016 7:30 pm  #1

Origins 2016

I will be running a bit of ASSH at Origins in Columbus OH!

Here are the Game times, numbers, and descriptions for Origins 2016! 

6420 Snakes on a Plain              6/15  1pm
6421 Knives in the Dark              6/15  6pm
6424 Rise of the Violet Spider     6/17  1pm
6425 Snakes on a Plain              6/17  6pm
6428 Rise of the Violet Spider     6/18  6pm 

Snakes on a Plain:  The Yetis came five years ago to steal the women of the Exquimaux tribes on the Plain of Leng.  The Raven Clan led the battle against the bestial horde and brought a great slaughter upon them.  Now a new menace has raised its scaled head.  Serpent like figures have been spotted in the mists, just on the fringes of the driven snow.  The tribes have seen their young ones taken for abominable purposes.  Now the bravest of the Raven Clan must answer the call, for there are Snakes on a Plain, the Plain of Leng that is your home.

Knives in the Dark:  Murder and false accusations have turned the city of Khromarium into a prison filled with many factions seeking your deaths.  Your list of allies grows shallow with old friends looking the other way.  Seek out the truth, find those turning the city against you, and kill them.  This is a mystery and fighting adventure with role-playing elements.  

Rise of the Violet Spider:  The abandoned temple of Tlakk-Nakka has been quiet for as long as your people can remember.  Many bricks have been borrowed to build stone hedges around the village without mishap.  Children play at being heroes among the ruins.  Yesterday a child went missing. Her friends witnessed acrid smoke pouring from one of the ruined buildings and they became too frightened to stay.  A stalwart band is assembled to find the lost young one but the greater worry is the fate that awaits your tribe from the awakened fane.

If you happen to be attending drop in a game! 

Morgan Hazel

Last edited by mabon5127 (4/21/2016 7:32 pm)

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/21/2016 8:06 pm  #2

Re: Origins 2016

This is great! I'm delighted to know you are running these events at Origins, Morgan. Thank you very kindly, sir!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/21/2016 8:55 pm  #3

I'm jealous, Morgan! If only my wedding anniversary and a related trip didn't happen every year on this same weekend... Anyway, have fun!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

6/15/2016 7:35 am  #4

Morgan is LIVE at Origins right now!

Happening today at Origins! Morgan Hazel is running a whole bunch of AS&SH events: 

Wed, Snakes on a Plain, 1pm
Wed, Knives in the Dark, 6pm
Fri, Rise of the Violet Spider, 1pm
Fri, Snakes on a Plain, 6pm
Sat, Rise of the Violet Spider, 6pm 

If you enjoy old school sword-and-sorcery game play, be sure to get in on one of his games! Morgan is an AS&SH developer and master referee. Every time he runs games, I always receive great reports from his players. --Jeff T

http://originsgamefair.com

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

6/15/2016 2:23 pm  #5

It's the talk of the Internet!

6/15/2016 2:32 pm  #6

Wish I could be there!

6/15/2016 3:38 pm  #7

Chainsaw wrote:

Wish I could be there!

Yeah.

Also, mabon5127, check your PMs!

Last edited by Handy Haversack (6/15/2016 3:38 pm)

6/19/2016 3:41 pm  #8

Great times!  Ran 28 hours of events (ASSH with some others) and am feeling bushed!

In all my events I gamed with 55+ folks (some duplicated) and everyone of them great players.  A handful had heard of the game.  I felt as though I had drifted ashore and found some primitive civilization to which I brought the good word of Hyperborea.

Morgan

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

6/19/2016 6:35 pm  #9

That's awesome, Morgan. Glad you had fun!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.