!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2016 11:20 am  #1

Re: Daemon Swine

Hello Everyone,

I am currently in the process of making an adventure for higher level PC's based around a Daemon Swine. I like to have religious backgrounds in my campaigns and am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what a powerful Daemon Swine would worship? There will be Orcs in the adventure and they along with Daemon's seem to worship Thaumagorga in Hyperborea. However, there will be boars in this one and in this adventure there will be a ferocious savage boar pact. Xathoqqua comes to mind as one of the ancient gods that the boars would worship. I would like a really cool, creepy, other worldly, god of old that the Daemon Swine and other may worship. Something maybe out of the ordinary where sacrifices of savagery and gore take place.

To add to this mix, there will be a Pict tribe that has been incredibly affected by the Daemon Swine. I have not fully decided which way to go with them? In other words, they could be worshiping the same god and in league with the Daemon Swine or they could be a completely innocent and desperately needing help to fend off this terror near their home, or a combination of both; a faction of evil Pict in the midst of a Pict settlement? etc...you get the idea.

I have rambled on enough. Any suggestions please fire away. I really like the thought of one of the gods of old that is not mentioned often or has recently been re-discovered. I just do not know who that would be in Hyperborea?

Any help really appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ryan

4/01/2016 12:02 pm  #2

Re: Re: Daemon Swine

I present my go to traditional gorefest demon god of mine (beware, tons of clichés forthcoming):

Gogorta the Ram-Headed
* requires blood sacrifice
* worshippers drink their enemies' blood from their skulls
* current champion sits on a throne of steel and sinews and bones
* they celebrate by fighting (like that scene from Fight Club but with spiky weapons)
* they can't refuse challenges to a duel, but they always play dirty and always go in for the kill
* spiky maces, teeth-like edged swords, tattoos, nose-rings
* the more they are hurt the more ferocious they become (like wild animals)

Last edited by Ynas Midgard (4/01/2016 12:03 pm)

4/01/2016 12:23 pm  #3

All daemons are supposed to follow Thaumagorga by default, because he's the King of Hell and whatnot.  However, I see no reason why a rebel daemon couldn't worship one of the other Hyperborean gods, or one you invent yourself.  It's your game.

How do you tell the "evil Picts" from the ordinary kind?

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

4/01/2016 2:29 pm  #4

hahahah

thanks Ynas Midgard for the awesome gorefest demongod! Gogorta is sweet!

I was thinking along the lines of more of a rebel Daemon. Tying the timing in with some of the years of darkness in Hyperborea. As for the 'evil' picts from ordinary............................that's a good question! ;) hahaha. I was thinking that the players would have to find that out. Sort of a mystery in the community. Depending on the ethnicity in the party could get 'dodgy' to say the least but would definitely be some good role playing opportunities. 

Thanks again for all the help. It is appreciated.

4/01/2016 6:39 pm  #5

Another idea might be to have them follow the one of the six Class VI daemons in addition to or in place of Thaumagorga.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/01/2016 7:16 pm  #6

Yep!! Was totally thinking of that! Thanks Ghul.

4/04/2016 7:23 am  #7

I haven't gotten off my ass to actually do it, but I'd rather have demon-type servitors unique to each of the gods than use the book-standard daemons as such. I'll leave those in the game, but their motives are purely their own. I also am inclined to use the Guests from Zak Smith's A Red and Pleasant Land whenever a daemon just because that system packs a lot more chaos bang for you dice buck!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.