!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/15/2016 11:01 pm  #21

Re: AS&SH GM/Referee Screen

This screen is fantastic! Anyway to make a version that doesn't have the cut and crop marks on it so as to use it in a portrait style GM screen?

1/28/2016 1:40 pm  #22

This is awesome!! Thank you sooooo much!

Ryan

1/29/2016 8:41 am  #23

If an official AS&SH Ref. Screen comes along, I'll have to get it because I'm a completist nerd whose gaming shelf makes him feel more secure, but I ditched the screen last year and have really enjoyed playing without it. I have one booklet-folded page with pretty much all the tables that tend to come up on it, and that's the only reference material I tend to need. Then all dice rolls are in  the open except sometimes for find traps or move silently, though even those I'm beginning to shift out into the open.

1/29/2016 10:09 am  #24

I think I've used a proper screen of sorts once in all my life. I appreciate reference sheets and I used to have lots of prep material on different sheets, but I never liked barricading myself from the players, especially because I don't make hidden rolls at all (even with this much fairness players seem to shoot themselves in the foot many times).

Last edited by Ynas Midgard (1/29/2016 10:09 am)

2/25/2016 10:09 pm  #25

Mortificateur wrote:

Excellent! I'm using this for my first game of AS&SH tonight! Thank you!

Awesome! Glad this can get some additional use   Let me know what you think of how it's organized.  I've been pondering a few layout and size/scale tweaks for a few things recently.

redrab wrote:

This is awesome!! Thank you sooooo much!

Glad to help!  Also, let me know what you think of the layout.

SavageGM wrote:

This screen is fantastic! Anyway to make a version that doesn't have the cut and crop marks on it so as to use it in a portrait style GM screen?

Savage, I'll message your privately to see exactly what you are looking for, but certainly!

2/25/2016 10:28 pm  #26

I've been using it for many game sessions now. I'm used to it and I love it!

2/27/2016 9:48 pm  #27

Per SavageGM's request, here is a slightly re-formatted and re-scaled version that would be printed on 8.5x11 pages.  Enjoy!  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Q579l9s4T9X21kTTlDNnRsM2s/view?usp=sharing

2/27/2016 10:02 pm  #28

Thanks!!!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

2/28/2016 5:52 am  #29

Stupendous! 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

2/28/2016 2:47 pm  #30

rhialto wrote:

Stupendous! 

I thought you would have said "Marvellous," Rhialto! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/28/2016 8:14 pm  #31

Ghul wrote:

rhialto wrote:

Stupendous! 

I thought you would have said "Marvellous," Rhialto! ;)

Touche...although every Vancian pandect knows there is but one "Marvellous", yet many are deemed "Marvelous"...

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

9/11/2016 12:34 am  #32

Thanks, man! Just what I was looking for.

9/11/2016 11:29 am  #33

Philotomy wrote:

Thanks, man! Just what I was looking for.

Glad to help!  Which size version did you use, just curious?

9/11/2016 3:32 pm  #34

I printed out both, but I find the larger size easier to read, so I'll probably go with that.

11/29/2016 8:21 pm  #35

Still useful and still needed. Thanks!

11/30/2016 10:00 am  #36

MWRuger wrote:

Still useful and still needed. Thanks!

Glad you can use it!

12/24/2016 1:50 pm  #37

Beayutiful.  Now to change the layout to landscape and knock it down by one screen and I can use it in my Savage Worlds Customizable GM Screen..

-SJ

12/28/2017 8:57 pm  #38

1st post!

Got on board with the first edition but never got to run it & about to finally get a game underway now that my DCC campaign is over.

Is this Referee shield still accurate for 2e?

12/28/2017 8:59 pm  #39

I still use it. Very well made.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.