!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/01/2016 10:48 am  #1

Any resolutions for 2016?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, everyone makes them and breaks them every year, there's no need to wait for Jan 1 to start improving your life, etc etc etc... but still, got any?

- eat more healthful foods
- game more outside of conventions (once a month?)
- read more for pleasure (a book a month?)
- mess around on my phone less

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/01/2016 4:08 pm  #2

Re: Any resolutions for 2016?

Crap, I think mine are the same as yours. The only other thing I can think of is tightening my organization in life and being more efficient on a daily basis.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/01/2016 7:18 pm  #3

I'm going to try to write a full adventure. And become better at gambling!

1/01/2016 8:35 pm  #4

Handy Haversack wrote:

I'm going to try to write a full adventure.

Piece of cake! You pretty much just sit back with a beer and watch the keys depress themselves. Ask anybody. 

Anyway, excited to hear about your efforts. I've spent time writing something this year and am about 90% finished. It's work, but very rewarding.

1/02/2016 9:36 am  #5

1. Draw more women. Creatures are fun, I love the projects I work on, but I rarely get to draw women often enough (not that I am very good at them...probably why I am not recruited to draw them)
2. Work more rapidly, I would like to crunch out twice as many illustrations this year as I did last year. Trouble is my day job is time consuming. 
3. Play more games. Going to at least two conventions this year, but would like to game more overall. Having fun with Star Wars D6 with my kids though.

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

1/02/2016 12:01 pm  #6

1.) Get in at least 18 rpg game sessions this year. 1 to 2 a month, plus con games, should be reasonable.
2.) Be a better GM. Be better organized and prepared, and put more effort into honing my gaming skills.
3.) Less internet more reading. The unread stack of books and comic books is becoming borderline mountainous. One of these nights my nightstand is going to give way under the weight and the whole pile is going to topple over and crush me.
4.) Oh yeah- 150 minutes of exercise a week, and a low carb, low sugar, low fat, low fun, diet. Thanks Dr. Ivan!

"...only a shadowy conception of the future and of his own emotional make-up saved him from being a man without imagination, a dangerous dullard."  -the Gunslinger, The Dark Tower I

1/02/2016 1:42 pm  #7

DiceDuke wrote:

2.) Be a better GM. Be better organized and prepared, and put more effort into honing my gaming skills.
3.) Less internet more reading. The unread stack of books and comic books is becoming borderline mountainous. One of these nights my nightstand is going to give way under the weight and the whole pile is going to topple over and crush me.

Me too.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/03/2016 2:06 am  #8

1.) Write more custom content for my games.
2.) Health - get in more exercise and eat better.
3.) Hell, just write more in general. :-)
4.) Divest myself of a ton of things I don't need anymore, like a spring cleaning on steroids. 

I'm sure the whole town won't burn down from setting the inn on fire.

1/03/2016 7:56 am  #9

1. Blog more often (like, twice a month should suffice).
2. Finish writing and playtest a level for a megadungeon for a Hungarian gaming zine.
3. Commence playtesting the OSR wuxia game I've been brainstorming about.
4. Try some of the awesome recipes I collected last year.
5. Exercise - and stick to it!

Last edited by Ynas Midgard (1/03/2016 7:58 am)

1/03/2016 8:13 am  #10

DiceDuke wrote:

Guilty as charged!

Zombieman wrote:

4.) Divest myself of a ton of things I don't need anymore, like a spring cleaning on steroids. 

Same here. I especially need to throw out some of the pile of crap I bought fairly indiscriminately when I first returned to gaming.

Ynas Midgard wrote:

2. Finish writing and playtest a level for a megadungeon for a Hungarian gaming zine.

Love to see an English translation! 

1/18/2016 11:28 pm  #11

Oops, I opened two tabs and posted highlights and resolutions in the same thread/post 

1/21/2016 8:16 pm  #12

*finish more projects
*publish said projects
*game more in general, but particularly with my stepson
*train harder in kendo/iaido (sensei's sensei is likely coming into the country this year, so I better be on my game.)
*read more

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.