!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/26/2015 9:47 pm  #1

capitalbill, awesome dude

Sometimes someone you know does the right thing under incredible pressure and makes you super proud.

capitalbill was working at Northlake Mall near Charlotte on Christmas Eve when he heard gunshots fifty feet away. He didn't flee to the back of his store, to the back door with everyone else. He ran the opposite way, to the front door, and closed the gate to protect people. Damn! I hope I can be so brave and quick thinking some day, if need be. I hope we all can. Awesome dude, awesome. Let's give the man a hand! I know I'm buying him a beer. 

P.S. NO POLITICS.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

12/26/2015 10:42 pm  #2

Re: capitalbill, awesome dude

Proud to be his friend. That took courage, Bill.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/27/2015 12:51 am  #3

Holy crap! Well done, Bill! And, seriously, the best part is that you're OK.

12/27/2015 5:18 am  #4

Hail to the heroes!

As Chainsaw said, I can only hope that I would do the same were I ever in that situation.

12/27/2015 9:38 am  #5

You never know how you'll react!  Great job Bill!  Glad you're safe!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

12/27/2015 10:38 am  #6

A stand-up guy!  Buy the man two beers.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

12/27/2015 8:08 pm  #7

What this the shooting in Charlotte? I forget where he hails from.

What? Me worry?

12/27/2015 8:11 pm  #8

Thanks for the kind words guys, but I don't think I really did anything that most any other person wouldn't have done.

In hindsight we were all actually pretty safe; while we were extremely close to the altercation, we were not in line of sight. And the police officer who responded immediately resolved the situation.

Of course, during the moment we had no idea what was going on. We all feared that it was a so-called "active shooter", someone walking the halls just randomly shooting. And in a situation like that you simply have to secure your location. I think most people would have come to that realization. Had I not been there, two of my assistants were nearby and would have acted- although maybe not as quickly.

At any rate, I am glad that nothing happened to me or to my staff. And that it seems like no serious injuries were suffered by anyone other than the shooter. In a crowded mall on Christmas Eve with a children's playground nearby it could have had a much, much, worse ending.

12/27/2015 9:01 pm  #9

You did a great thing, Bill, and I'm happy to hear no innocents were hurt.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/28/2015 11:56 pm  #10

Great job Bill! Appreciate your quick action.

1/04/2016 8:13 pm  #11

Raises glass of vodka & zero carb blue rockstar in captalbill's honor

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.