!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/18/2015 9:18 pm  #181

Re: HYPERBOREA ADVENTURE THREE-PACK KICKSTARTER IS NOW LIVE!

Perfect Coke can, WD! Let us all know how the adventures unfold. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

10/18/2015 9:29 pm  #182

Great pic, WebwayDrifter. Check your junk/spam folder for an email from RPGNow/Drivethru. The generated codes came through their service, which sometimes gets identified as junk mail. Let me know if you don't have them, and I'll take care of it. Cheers! --Jeff T.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

10/18/2015 9:31 pm  #183

SavageGM wrote:

I got mine and wow, there are so many horror stories about Kickstarters for RPGs but boy Mr. Talanian really delivered. This was my first rpg related KS and I'm very glad I backed it. Super high quality with the perfect heavy stock for the covers. The cover art makes the books seem much larger than adventures of the same size to me. Again much thanks for these awesome adventures to all involved, the writers and artists!

Thank you! I'm delighted to hear how happy you are with the modules, SGM. It's these kinds of messages that keep me going! I truly appreciate it. More to come!

10/19/2015 8:28 am  #184

Received my copies and must say I am very pleased with the quality if the print products. Great decisions made on your part Jeff, and excellent execution. I am very happy to have been a part of this project, it's been a true pleasure!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

10/19/2015 1:21 pm  #185

I received mine this weekend.  These are quite simply some of the best products to come out of the OSR in terms of presentation.  Ghost Ship and Forgotten Fane are also some of the best-written (modesty forbids me to comment on Beneath the Comet...)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

10/20/2015 12:16 am  #186

Arrived on the left coast today. Now to make painful unshrinking choices and dig in.Very nice looking covers and packaging job.

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

10/20/2015 5:58 am  #187

Glad to hear folks are receiving them safe and sound. Still have over 130 packages to mail. Some days I knock off 15, other days I knock off 10, and then there are days that I get 0 done. C'est la vie!

10/20/2015 11:31 am  #188

Got mine yesterday, and they are amazing.  Incredible quality.

Ghul-- exactly what kind of paper is that?  I'd like to buy by the reem if possible.

10/20/2015 1:56 pm  #189

Just received mine, safe and sound...I'm assuming my enjoyment of Hadon of Ancient Opar will treble now that I'm using my AS&SH "Ghostship" bookmark. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

10/21/2015 3:35 am  #190

Got mine, too!  And I must say the artist did a fine job of the pictish thief at the bow of the ghost ship on the cover...

10/21/2015 6:42 am  #191

rhialto wrote:

Just received mine, safe and sound...I'm assuming my enjoyment of Hadon of Ancient Opar will treble now that I'm using my AS&SH "Ghostship" bookmark. 

How could it not? ;)

10/21/2015 6:44 am  #192

EOTB wrote:

Got mine, too!  And I must say the artist did a fine job of the pictish thief at the bow of the ghost ship on the cover...

Possibly the coolest and craziest thing that's ever happened in all the times I've run that adventure! Well, besides the first time I ran it with my home group and TPKd them before they even made it to the main part of the adventure!

10/21/2015 8:43 am  #193

rhialto wrote:

I have Hadon of Ancient Opar on my bedside stand with the "Fane" bookmark in mine.....very strange.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

10/21/2015 8:45 am  #194

Blackadder23 wrote:

I received mine this weekend.  These are quite simply some of the best products to come out of the OSR in terms of presentation.  Ghost Ship and Forgotten Fane are also some of the best-written (modesty forbids me to comment on Beneath the Comet...)

Humility aside you can easily include "Beneath the Comet" with the other two in terms of quality.

While in my soul forever

10/21/2015 8:46 am  #195

Ghul wrote:

Glad to hear folks are receiving them safe and sound. Still have over 130 packages to mail. Some days I knock off 15, other days I knock off 10, and then there are days that I get 0 done. C'est la vie!

Its like you have another life!

While in my soul forever

10/21/2015 1:28 pm  #196

Got mine yesterday, too! My group is almost halfway through Ghost Ship already, so that PDF has been getting plenty of use, but it's great to have the physical modules. I love reading modules. I read the other two last night while the baseball was on. Great work, you guys. Really stellar.

The corners of all three of mine got kind of banged up in the shipping, curse the postal gods. But as we always say around the table, magic items are for using. And these will get used! Can't wait until the PCs are up to tackling the other two adventures. If only they would stop dying . . .

10/21/2015 3:13 pm  #197

Out of curiosity, are the bookmarks inside the shrinkwrapped modules?

10/21/2015 3:55 pm  #198

EOTB wrote:

Out of curiosity, are the bookmarks inside the shrinkwrapped modules?

That's right, Steve.

10/21/2015 3:56 pm  #199

Handy Haversack wrote:

Got mine yesterday, too! My group is almost halfway through Ghost Ship already, so that PDF has been getting plenty of use, but it's great to have the physical modules. I love reading modules. I read the other two last night while the baseball was on. Great work, you guys. Really stellar.

The corners of all three of mine got kind of banged up in the shipping, curse the postal gods. But as we always say around the table, magic items are for using. And these will get used! Can't wait until the PCs are up to tackling the other two adventures. If only they would stop dying . . .

Wow, that's the first I've heard of that! Those boxes are pretty sturdy, so I'm surprised. Maybe they found out you're a Yankees fan? 

10/21/2015 4:49 pm  #200

Ghul wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Wow, that's the first I've heard of that! Those boxes are pretty sturdy, so I'm surprised. Maybe they found out you're a Yankees fan? 

Haters gonna hate.

Et tu, USPS?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.