!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2015 6:52 am  #21

Re: NTRPG Con VII (2015)

Looks great, Scaly!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/26/2015 2:29 pm  #22

Chainsaw wrote:

Sounds good, Scaly. If I weren't already in Jeff's Saturday night game, I'd be all over this one.

Possible solutions:
clone yourself in a vat
cast mirror image on yourself
build a Chainsaw simulacra
drink a potion of haste and run between games

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

4/27/2015 8:07 am  #23

Maybe his simularum will be leaner, more efficient, and easier to understand!

4/27/2015 9:22 am  #24

Ghul wrote:

Maybe his simularum will be leaner, more efficient, and easier to understand!

Shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/29/2015 7:43 pm  #25

Ah, so heres my question. Not sure if Mr. Saw may have some type of answer or anyone else could help.

It seems there is no great way to reach the '300' attendees and try and scheme/plan for off grid games before the Con starts. You can reach a few here, a few maybe at ODD74, a few at DF, probably some at KKA, some at google+,  a few at the acaeum and the NTRPG CON does have forums, but they seem pretty barren.

So if I am planning to mostly play and/or run 'off grid' pick up games down there - what would you suggest?

Maybe bring a soapbox to stand on when I get there and shout out my game offerings?

I do have a friend that is rooming with me that I can count on for most games, and I will be doing some wargaming (2 person) with him, some of the time

For example I want to run a Conan (TSR 1985) RPG game off grid Friday aft. Is there a centraized posting area for something such as this at the Con?

I went in 2010, but I was fully scheduled with games that time

Thanks for your thoughts!

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

4/29/2015 8:07 pm  #26

Scaleydemon wrote:

Is there a centralized posting area for something such as this at the Con?

Last year, in the main area near registration, the organizers had a wall where they'd posted sheets showing openings in scheduled games. People could sign up on the spot by merely writing their name in an open slot on the sheet of the game they wanted. I certainly can't speak for Doug and Mike, but I would be surprised if they had any problem with you posting several of your own sheets in that area. Apart from just randomly chatting folks up, learning if they have an opening and then recruiting them, this posting area is probably your best bet. This area gets a lot of traffic.

Don't forget, we'll also get a fair amount of traffic at the K&KA Social. I don't see any reason why you couldn't leave a few sheets in that room as well and then collect them at the end of the night. I could also collect them for you.

Hope that helps some!

5/01/2015 6:51 pm  #27

Streets of Valhalla! Thanks for the advice Chainsaw, I will pre print up a few game ads/sign up sheets then and post them when I get there.

5/06/2015 8:28 pm  #28

Just an ad for the Friday aft off grid game I will be running

Conan (TSR 1985)
Pre Gens will be provided
Max 5 players

The party would be members of Conan's 'free companions' and start out on the run after some political and military developments leave them on the wrong side of a Prince now in power that wants them dead and has the men to do it.

I will be posting an ad/sign up sheet for the game. Look for Hyboria/Conan art on it - if anyone sees this here that has free time/interest thanks

5/10/2015 9:04 pm  #29

Do the various vendor booths generally take cash only, or are credit card machines common?

I went in 2010 but can't recall how this was.

Thanks

5/16/2015 11:34 am  #30

Black Blade takes credit cards via Square now, and several of the other vendors do too:  technology has improved since 2010 :D

5/16/2015 7:44 pm  #31

Yes, square reader here, too. People paypal me from their phones sometimes, too. 

5/16/2015 11:23 pm  #32

I have a rotary phone.

5/17/2015 1:22 am  #33

I can likely get cell reception to pay via paypal if I stand tall on one leg near a large window @ the Con

5/27/2015 8:22 pm  #34

Only a week out! I'm super pumped. Plan on taking a bunch of pictures, so I'll make sure to post them here soon thereafter for everyone that couldn't make it this year.

Thursday afternoon: running a Hyperborea pick-up game
Thursday night: K&KA rotating referee social
Friday morning: Mythmere's OD&D
Friday night: tacojohn's AD&D
Saturday morning: grodog's AD&D
Saturday night: Ghul's Hyperborea game

5/27/2015 9:12 pm  #35

Same schedule here, also playing Swords & Six-Siders on Wednesday night and possibly playing in a DCC game on Sunday morning.

So excited, I've been looking forward to Texas since the day I left Lake Geneva. Of course I am behind on prepping for the Thursday night social so I will have to find some time to buckle down and get finished before Wednesday.

5/28/2015 7:28 am  #36

capitalbill wrote:

Same schedule here, also playing Swords & Six-Siders on Wednesday night and possibly playing in a DCC game on Sunday morning.

You will have to let us know how those go, Bill. I continue to love Steve's art and hear good things about DCC, though it's never quite fit my schedule. Perhaps next year at Gary Con, if someone's running the Lankhmar stuff.

So excited, I've been looking forward to Texas since the day I left Lake Geneva. Of course I am behind on prepping for the Thursday night social so I will have to find some time to buckle down and get finished before Wednesday.

Me too, me too and me too.

6/01/2015 10:00 am  #37

Wow, this is getting close. Almost time to start packing up the socks, underwear, belt buckles and cowboy hat

6/01/2015 7:21 pm  #38

Scalydemon wrote:

Wow, this is getting close. Almost time to start packing up the socks, underwear, belt buckles and cowboy hat

Think you might be neglecting a few articles of clothing there.

6/02/2015 12:05 am  #39

Nah, man I would never forget my snake skin boots heading to TX, ha ha

The people flying there for Wednesday are heading out real quick... It's tougher to pack when you plan on running some games. Lots o' stuff to remember

6/02/2015 8:59 am  #40

It's about to get real!

Just checked in for my flight tomorrow morning, lucked out and got one of the good seats.

Now if the next 24 hours could just fly on by.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.