!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2015 9:23 am  #121

Re: The Next Three Modules

joseph wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

Ghul wrote:

It truly inspires me and keeps me excited about creating and overseeing the creation of more AS&SH projects.  

PLEASE DO!

Seconded!

Easy to accomplish - we just need you three to write more modules. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

5/06/2015 3:32 pm  #122

That would be a pleasure!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

5/09/2015 8:08 am  #123

Ghul wrote:

So, the thng I mentioned in my above post? Having music play over several slides, fading it out on one slide that has the video of me talking, and then fading it back in for the remainder of slides? Well, you can't do it on the mac 2011 version of powerpoint. I've looked it up and found many people from all around the world bemoaning the fact that the mac version lacks features that the PC version has had for years. The microsoft forums suggest that I tell them what features I'd like to see in future versions of the software. There is a third party application called "audactiy" that can do it, but I've found it not very user friendly. So, I'm in Florida at the moment. I'll continue this when I get home to my PC desktop. Meantime, I've started the Kickstarter page, building it piece by piece. Thank you, fellows!

Jeff, I use Audacity all the time (though not for what you're describing). Gimme a call if you need a hand.

5/09/2015 9:19 am  #124

DMPrata wrote:

Ghul wrote:

So, the thng I mentioned in my above post? Having music play over several slides, fading it out on one slide that has the video of me talking, and then fading it back in for the remainder of slides? Well, you can't do it on the mac 2011 version of powerpoint. I've looked it up and found many people from all around the world bemoaning the fact that the mac version lacks features that the PC version has had for years. The microsoft forums suggest that I tell them what features I'd like to see in future versions of the software. There is a third party application called "audactiy" that can do it, but I've found it not very user friendly. So, I'm in Florida at the moment. I'll continue this when I get home to my PC desktop. Meantime, I've started the Kickstarter page, building it piece by piece. Thank you, fellows!

Jeff, I use Audacity all the time (though not for what you're describing). Gimme a call if you need a hand.

Thanks, Dave, but I've figured out Audacity well enough, using it to fade out my audio file at the right time (slide) just as the slide with the video (of me talking) transitions in. The next problem is that the slide with the video has an audio level (my voice) that is a lot lower than the music that preceded it. So, what I'll be doing next is turning the whole powerpoint into a .mov and then (in theory) I can "normalize" the entire audio of the .mov file. That is on my agenda now as I continue to populate the list of reward levels on the new KS page. You know, between my son's baseball practice followed by a game in the afternoon. The joys of parenthood! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/09/2015 9:38 am  #125

Reward levels look good so far.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/14/2015 4:45 am  #126

Just watched the video (insomnia... ugh).  Looking good!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/14/2015 5:05 am  #127

Thanks, BA23. Now, all I have to do is complete the general description of the KS campaign, and then launch!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/14/2015 5:17 am  #128

Excellent!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/14/2015 5:42 am  #129

Good stuff! Continuing to look forward to this one.

Edit: Now that I've listened to the song a bit, it's growing on me. Is the band someone you know?

5/16/2015 7:35 am  #130

Looking very good!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/16/2015 7:43 am  #131

...and we're live!

All of the art looks really fantastic, by the way. Kudos to the artists!

5/16/2015 7:52 am  #132

First backer!
I see that two of the covers have gone very quickly. I'll take that as a good omen!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

5/16/2015 10:58 am  #133

I'm in!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.