!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2015 11:01 pm  #21

Re: A little of my nonsense

A merchant of the city-states

Commerce is an important function of the city-states (and the root of the word "empire"). The merchants of the city-states are powerful and influential and organized into Byzantine Merchant Guilds that hatch plots within plots.

They are not nobility, but provide a counter power to the nobility.  Their wealth makes them powerful adversaries and even kings fear a guild strike.

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:43 pm)

A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your 

5/09/2015 11:01 pm  #22

Misophaes

Those Who Hate the Light

One of the spawn of Typhoneus. The misophaes feast of the corrupt flesh of the great worm. They live in the subterranean labyrinth of tunnels under the earth, spewing forth to rape and kill.

they are unthinking, unemotional killing machines. Think a cross between apes and sharks.  Having no eyes, they hunt by elocation (like moles or bats).  The perfect idiot children of the Spawner of Monsters and the Black Sun

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:49 pm)

A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your 

5/09/2015 11:02 pm  #23

Soldier of the city-states

My campaign takes place in a Bronze Age world

The technical reason is Aerkhe is an artificial world built by the Adamantean scientists (it's complicated) and all the iron and steel and heavy industrial metals were used in it's construction.

But mainly it's an excuse to use chariot combat and chariots rock!

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:52 pm)

5/09/2015 11:03 pm  #24

Leonides. the Lion Kings

One of the Noblest and most powerful of the city-states, scions of the city of lions are a proud and heroic people.

But underneath that greatness lies a hint of madness. Lion Kings can be great heroes, or psychopathic madmen

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:55 pm)

5/09/2015 11:03 pm  #25

Solispides

The Silver Shields, one of the most acclaimed of the Aerkhian Legions

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:56 pm)

5/09/2015 11:04 pm  #26

a Keledone, the golden dancers

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:57 pm)

5/09/2015 11:05 pm  #27

Emmisary

Emmisaries are the bards of my campaign- all of them are agents of the Sol Invictus.  The nobles and kings of the city-states are aware of this, but the prestige of having an imperial Emmisary in one's court outweigh the risks of having one's schemes and plots known by the Sol Invictus.

Emissaries serve their host king with honor and loyalty- until the time they don't, at which time a new king usually is installed. Such decisions are calculated, but calculated by a rubric beyond the ken of the kings- some Emmisaries served evil and psychopathic kings loyally for decades, only to turn one them and be instrumental in their downfall over some (seemingly) trivial matter

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 10:03 pm)

5/09/2015 11:05 pm  #28

Typoneus, the Spawner of Monsters, The Chaos Worm.  The avatar of the Black Sun.

Would pimp slap the Tarrasque and Godzilla.  Purple Worms (as well as the misophaes) spawn on it's flesh.   

Think about THAT!

The ultimate engine of destruction.  An blind, mewling Idiot God that destroys by merely existing

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 10:07 pm)

5/09/2015 11:06 pm  #29

5/09/2015 11:07 pm  #30

5/09/2015 11:07 pm  #31

5/09/2015 11:08 pm  #32

5/09/2015 11:09 pm  #33

5/10/2015 6:13 am  #34

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. I especially like those last five. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

5/10/2015 8:28 am  #35

Great post, Morty! My favorite was post #25. Awesome! Keep them coming.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/17/2015 7:22 pm  #36

Last edited by Morty (5/17/2015 7:26 pm)

5/17/2015 7:27 pm  #37

5/17/2015 7:28 pm  #38

5/17/2015 7:29 pm  #39

5/17/2015 7:30 pm  #40

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.