!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/22/2014 10:58 am  #21

Re: Brew

9AM in Vegas, on my fourth and fifth Guinness. Love this place!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/22/2014 11:10 am  #22

Double down!

A few years ago I was flying to Rome and had to change planes in Dublin at 6:00 AM. I had a Guinness before boarding. I was not going to let that chance pass me by.

3/22/2014 12:12 pm  #23

I love the smell of Guinness in the morning. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/22/2014 12:55 pm  #24

One of the great things about Manhattan is that pretty much anywhere on the island, epecially in neighborhoods where normally I would not pay the prices for a pint, there are Irish bars with reliable and reasonable Guinness. I went to a talk (on the space "program") at the Museum of Natural History the other night. Couldn't get our noses inside the Amsterdam Alehouse beforehand. But right around the corner: The Dublin House Tap Room. Perfection.

3/22/2014 1:07 pm  #25

I am in NY often. Next time I will reach out!

3/22/2014 2:01 pm  #26

Chainsaw wrote:

I am in NY often. Next time I will reach out!

Please do! I live in north Brooklyn and work near Lincoln Center in Manhattan. I know, uh, a few places to get a beer. And I still have all that mead . . .

3/22/2014 2:13 pm  #27

Guinness, mead, yum!

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

4/12/2014 6:50 pm  #28

Breakfast - it's what's for dinner!

4/12/2014 7:40 pm  #29

Ha. Very nice. The local bar where we can bring the dog has had Geary's English bitter on tap lately. Really tasty, if you see it around.

I also had a richly deserved Yuengling while doing my first yard work of the year.

4/12/2014 9:41 pm  #30

What is all that green stuff in the background? Maybe some day we'll have it up here , too. ;)

4/13/2014 9:07 am  #31

Man oh man, that looks yummy.
--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

4/17/2014 9:56 pm  #32

Founders, smokes and 90s APCs...

4/17/2014 10:19 pm  #33

Typical Thursday night: cigar, booze, tiger helicopter.

4/18/2014 5:50 am  #34

Go Joe!

4/18/2014 8:30 pm  #35

Ghul wrote:

Go Joe!

Haha!

Yeah, those toys are probably 20-25 years old. I recently found them in a box in the garage, so I gave them to my son. Kinda cool to see him fooling around with the same toys I did.

4/23/2014 9:52 pm  #36

Some of you are in Maine, right?

This is a buddy of mine. He'll be at the Lewiston, Maine, Public Library Friday night:

http://whereandback.blogspot.com/2014/04/pages-pints-at-lewiston-public-library.html

for his book The Great Northeast Brewery Tour.

4/23/2014 9:57 pm  #37

Handy Haversack wrote:

Some of you are in Maine, right?

This is a buddy of mine. He'll be at the Lewiston, Maine, Public Library Friday night:

http://whereandback.blogspot.com/2014/04/pages-pints-at-lewiston-public-library.html

for his book The Great Northeast Brewery Tour.

I was initially under the impression that this was story time at the library with pints served. Have to say that for about a minute and a half I was extremely jealous of the Maine public library system!

4/26/2014 4:51 pm  #38

You can see only one Founders and not the Yuengling, Cidre, Lagunitas, or mead that were also served at the last session. But more important, here are Demostrate the Amazon pyromancer and her war dog, Sparky, who also doubles as my dog, Bagpipe, when he is not needed in Hyperborea. It was still a little cool for gaming outside, but after this winter, we'll take what we can get.

4/27/2014 5:58 am  #39

Cool man! When do you play? I come to the city several times a year, maybe I can sit in sometime.

4/27/2014 2:59 pm  #40

We try for every other week, either Sat. or Sun. afternoon, usually 12-6. I think we're on for next weekend. Would absolutely love to have you join for a session. I can provide beer and d2-1 war dogs.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.