!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2015 5:52 am  #1

NTRPG Con VII (2015)

After a great Gary Con, I am excited to have the North Texas RPG Convention coming up - June 4-7, 2015. I always have a great time, so if you can make it, I would highly recommend the trip. Jeff ran Hyperborea games there in 2013-2014 and plans to do so again this year. Might even run something myself. Hope to see you there!

Be aware, event registration is April 15, 2015 at 1AM EST (12AM CST). Yes, middle of the night! All the details can be found here.

My plan: Arriving Weds evening around 10PM, leaving Sunday morning around 10AM. Games officially start Thursday around 6PM, but some other guys are arriving early as well and I think we'll run pick-up games all day.

Attendees thus far
capitalbill
Chainsaw
EOTB
Ghul
grodog
ligedog (maybe)
scalydemon (maybe)
tacojohn

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/04/2015 1:14 am  #2

Re: NTRPG Con VII (2015)

Definitely looking forward to it, and I've arranged my DMing schedule this year around playing Jeff's Saturday night "Forgotten Fane"---hopefully I'll get in during registration, otherwise time for a pick-up game! :D

Allan.

4/04/2015 1:28 pm  #3

Looking forward to it, Allan.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/15/2015 1:03 am  #4

Oh snap, now it's on!

After missing out on it at GaryCon I kicked in the door on Forgotten Fane seven seconds before the official start of registration. I recognize several of my fellow players, the others...well they may not know it yet, but they're in for a fun game.

4/15/2015 6:11 am  #5

Except for a little lag, game registration seemed to go fairly smoothly. No crashes! Good job NTRPG Con team.

Anyway, here's my schedule:

Thursday Evening - K&KA Social w/austinjimm, capitalbill and CountingWizard

Friday Morning - Mythrus Tower w/Mythmere (OD&D)
Friday Evening - Maure Castle w/tacojohn (AD&D)

Saturday Morning - Tsojcanth w/grodog (AD&D)
Saturday Evening - Forgotten Fane w/Ghul (AS&SH)

4/15/2015 4:19 pm  #6

Looking forward to Texas this year!  We'll have to see if my character can make it to the end of Fane on Saturday night.  

4/17/2015 12:02 am  #7

I sense there will be much mayhem, and perhaps some looting as well! :D

Allan.

4/17/2015 7:35 am  #8

Wish I could join you guys! Watch out for Bill, though. He's in one of those moods!

4/17/2015 6:26 pm  #9

Hey guys, if we start referring to this convention as the "South Oklahoma RPG Con" maybe Handy won't realize it's actually in Texas and he'll make plans to come?

4/17/2015 10:31 pm  #10

Wait--there's a *New* Mexico now?

4/18/2015 10:21 am  #11

Just got off the fence and booked this flight. $279 round trip via Southwest wanna get away promotion....Looking forward to meeting, drinking some beers and slinging odd shaped dice with those who are going from this board

I may not register for any games and just sort of wing it

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

4/18/2015 10:26 am  #12

Scalydemon wrote:

Just got off the fence and booked this flight. $279 round trip via Southwest wanna get away promotion....Looking forward to meeting, drinking some beers and slinging odd shaped dice with those who are going from this board.

I may not register for any games and just sort of wing it.

Awesome! When do you arrive?

4/18/2015 12:47 pm  #13

I get in Thursday eve around 6pm and my flight back isn't until Sunday eve at 9pm so I'll be there for the majority.
Need to go on and register for the CON this wknd.
I may split a room with a buddy coming up from Houston.

I may run a side game or 2 off grid. Some Conan RPG (1985 TSR) and maybe something else set in Hyperborea such as the expanded 'Island of Doctor Skullface' adventure I am brushing up.

Mostly will be looking to play in pick up games and generally drink alcohol and loiter around . Probably will bring a game called Up Front to play also if anyone has interest . Its a favorite of mine (2 person squad level card based wargame from avalon hill)

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

4/18/2015 2:50 pm  #14

Scalydemon wrote:

I get in Thursday eve around 6pm and my flight back isn't until Sunday eve at 9pm so I'll be there for the majority. Need to go on and register for the CON this wknd.

OK, cool. Definitely drop by for the K&KA Social, which runs Thurs from 6PM until whenever people can't keep their eyes open anymore. Tons of guys you will recognize from online, inluding this site, Knights & Knaves and Dragonsfoot will be there catching up and playing games. It's really informal and there's lots of beer - austinjimm always brews a bunch of good beer for everyone to drink. As of today, the list includes:

austinjimm
balrog62
capitalbill
chainsaw
CountingWizard
EOTB
Flambeaux
Ghul
grodog
Is_907
Junksman
ken-do-nim
stahlnee
tacojohn
Sanguinaire
TRP
warkhan

I may split a room with a buddy coming up from Houston.

If it doesn't look like he's going to make it, let me know. I have someone looking to split a room.

I may run a side game or 2 off grid. Some Conan RPG (1985 TSR) and maybe something else set in Hyperborea such as the expanded 'Island of Doctor Skullface' adventure I am brushing up.

Mostly will be looking to play in pick up games and generally drink alcohol and loiter around . Probably will bring a game called Up Front to play also if anyone has interest . Its a favorite of mine (2 person squad level card based wargame from avalon hill)

Great! There are always people looking for pick-up games, so I think you'll have a good time. Plus, as you probably know, between no-shows and kind referees, seats can pop up even at supposedly full games.

4/18/2015 4:27 pm  #15

Looking forward to meeting you, Scaly!

4/18/2015 4:31 pm  #16

Handy Haversack wrote:

Wait--there's a *New* Mexico now?

What happened to Handy in Texas? Inquiring minds want to know. I want to know!

4/18/2015 8:02 pm  #17

I don't think he's allowed to talk about it. Something about the statute of limitations.

4/19/2015 1:17 pm  #18

Too soon, man. Too soon.

4/25/2015 11:18 pm  #19

Sign of the Devil! I am running a LL/AEC game at NTX on Saturday night. The game posting just went up if anyone is attending and looking for a game...Link to game listing: http://ntrpgcon.com/index.php?option=com_dtregister&Itemid=65Description:
Game Title : Theme For a Jackal
Game System : Labyrinth Lord/with AEC
Number of players : 4-8
Pregens/Level of characters : yes / 3rd~5th
World/Setting : HyperboreaGame Info : Torn from the pages of AFS Fanzine, come play in this pulp Sword & Sorcery flavored one shot. You take a job transporting two crates of unknown goods to the House of Bhengali Keshemarov, a mysterious Conjurer's manse amidst the sea-worn crags of the Broken Coast..Ran by the author,* a participation ribbon award winning DM*.

4/26/2015 5:39 am  #20

Sounds good, Scaly. If I weren't already in Jeff's Saturday night game, I'd be all over this one.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.