!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2014 5:09 pm  #1

Inspiring Classical Music

University of North Texas has been posting some the best filmed quartets that I've ever seen. Usually these concerts are filmed from one sorry camera angle, from a distance; this, however, is absolutely fantastic. Amazing performance, too.

Béla Bartók (1881-1945) wrote some beautifully haunting music, and (IMO) his string quartet compositions are among his finest. This, for me, is the kind of music that inspires the weird bard concept. Enjoy!

Last edited by Ghul (3/17/2014 5:10 pm)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/17/2014 7:24 pm  #2

Re: Inspiring Classical Music

Very good.  Thanks for posting it  I've been seeing all this great music beiing posted here, it's great.

3/17/2014 7:34 pm  #3

Kookla wrote:

Very good.  Thanks for posting it  I've been seeing all this great music beiing posted here, it's great.

Well, it's part of the reason I started this board in the first place. It's not only S&S gaming for me; rather, it's a whole bevy of interests that contribute to the hobby, including history, literature, music, comic books, art, and beer! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/20/2014 5:26 pm  #4

12/21/2014 1:16 pm  #5

Thanks for sharing Lestrade! A friend put me onto this:

Wardruna - Runaljod-Gap Var Ginnunga (Full album,…: http://youtu.be/Ak0ZmAvAyB8

Last edited by joseph (12/21/2014 1:19 pm)

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

12/21/2014 4:53 pm  #6

I have been enjoying the Game of Thrones soundtrack lately, believe it or not...

/prepares to dodge tomatoes

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

12/21/2014 5:13 pm  #7

What's wrong with the Game of Thrones soundtrack?

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

12/23/2014 3:15 pm  #8

Blackadder23 wrote:

What's wrong with the Game of Thrones soundtrack?

The soundtrack itself, nothing really, but the show can sometimes polarize people, so I figured someone who dislikes the show might snicker at listening to the sountrack. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

12/23/2014 7:48 pm  #9

My only beef with Game of Thrones is the fact that they killed off Ros.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

12/24/2014 1:40 am  #10

Blackadder23 wrote:

My only beef with Game of Thrones is the fact that they killed off Ros.

Show runners don't kill characters. Crossbows kill characters.

6/06/2017 3:02 pm  #11

Elmer Bernstein - Complete Heavy Metal Score: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD5BD2491BAA49269

I finally located this over the past year. I put it on sometimes when I'm painting minis. The 'Den' sequences are my favorite from this score. Though the entire album is great.

"We're always creating rules in the tacit pursuit of verisimilitude. This is a valid and noble pursuit.
But for some of us, that's a false idol. We harken to a different song." - Frank Mentzer, 2017

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.