!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/06/2015 6:49 am  #1

Pre-Gen Help!

Hey guys,

So, I have a convention in a few weeks, and I'm thinking I'd like to add some new blood to my pre-gen rosters. I've been using the same ones I created and that BA23 created for a long time. Is anyone up for helping me put together two new groups of characters?

I'd like to have a set of 5th - 6th level characters and a set of 7th - 8th level characters. Not too much magic -- maybe a magic weapon or two, a magic item or two, and a potion or two. Maybe magic-user types might have an extra scroll or two in place of a magic weapon -- your call.

Any takers?

I'd like to have 8 pre-gens in each set. No worries if no one is available to do this.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/06/2015 7:03 am  #2

Re: Pre-Gen Help!

Jeff--Not sure if I'll have time to help. I have a few Hyperborean projects going, too! That said, last night I figured I'd start getting some pregens ready in case I run a game at the Con. I used the "Waifs of the Boreas" document and a d12 and got a dozen basically ready to go in an hour or so. They just need hit points. These are first level, so I didn't need to worry about magic items. But that was a really helpful document.

2/06/2015 8:24 am  #3

What class dispersion do you want? 2F, 2M, 2T, 2C or analogous subclass for each set? Any certain subclass you want featured?

I'll volunteer to do the level 7-8 guys. I'll email the details to you within a week, but by Sunday morning I hope.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

2/06/2015 9:52 am  #4

Any subclasses that you'd like to include are fine by me! Thanks for volunteering!

2/06/2015 9:58 am  #5

I can do a set of 5th and 6th level characters.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

2/06/2015 9:58 am  #6

Ghul wrote:

Any subclasses that you'd like to include are fine by me! Thanks for volunteering!

OK, cool. You have an electronic character sheet you want me to use? Or you just planning on transfering data by hand?

2/06/2015 10:03 am  #7

Blackadder23 wrote:

Thanks! But wait, you volunteered the last time, too! Glutton for punishment are we?  I actually plan to run two adventures in that level range.

2/06/2015 10:34 am  #8

Chainsaw wrote:

Ghul wrote:

OK, cool. You have an electronic character sheet you want me to use? Or you just planning on transfering data by hand?

Whatever you prefer is fine; I can adjust as needed.

2/06/2015 10:38 am  #9

Ghul wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

Thanks! But wait, you volunteered the last time, too! Glutton for punishment are we? I actually plan to run two adventures in that level range.

I like making characters.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

2/06/2015 10:42 am  #10

Blackadder23 wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

Thanks! But wait, you volunteered the last time, too! Glutton for punishment are we? I actually plan to run two adventures in that level range.

I like making characters.

http://hyperborea.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=248
It seems that you do!*

* (That thread was ridiculously hard to find. Searching for "waifs," "boreas," "pregen," "pregenerated"--all useless. I was actually trying to remember what the number was so I could search for that.)

2/16/2015 2:38 pm  #11

Chainsaw wrote:

I'll volunteer to do the level 7-8 guys. I'll email the details to you within a week, but by Sunday morning I hope.

I totally fell down here.

2/16/2015 4:48 pm  #12

Chainsaw wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

I totally fell down here.

No worries! It's OK.

2/16/2015 9:25 pm  #13

I'll send you the chars I used in last year's Trouble in Vikland Adventure.  I did them in that form-fillable sheet I crocked up.

I plan on redoing them in Maezar's sheet, and further tweaking them for Trouble in Vikland II.  I'll also send you my Lankhmar chars, for my Lankhmar adventure that I'm using AS&SH for, when I finally get off my lazy butt and do them.

2/16/2015 11:38 pm  #14

I just sent the ones I made, but I'm afraid I only managed seven.  Really bad week.
(Just to cap things off, right now we're buried in snow and the county is in a state of emergency - but not because of the snow.  A train of tanker cars exploded and set a length of railroad on fire.  Yes, really.  And they're leaking into the river, so the drinking water is probably going to be contaminated again...)

Last edited by Blackadder23 (2/16/2015 11:38 pm)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

2/17/2015 6:56 am  #15

Excellent! Thank you.These are sure to be useful. Much appreciated!

2/17/2015 12:51 pm  #16

Thanks guys...  I'll wear the cone of shame for a while!

2/17/2015 4:54 pm  #17

Chainsaw wrote:

Thanks guys... I'll wear the cone of shame for a while!

At least you get a magic item!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.