!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2015 1:27 pm  #41

Re: The Character Sheet of Wondrous Automation

Some spell descs. to use if you want them:

C1. Remove Fear: path 60' X 10' ; can slowly rotate 360° before spell ends.Obstructed by 1/2" metal, 6" stone, or 1' wood; lead always masks
M1. Ventriloquism: unwilling subject: sorcery saving throw
W1 (etc.). Light: 30' d. soft, light; center on eyes: sorc. sv. or part blind, −2 “to hit”, AC, and saving throws; end at will; dispel darkness spell, but not cont. darkness.
W1. Scare: 1 creature, sv. sorc.or cowering and trembling; if attacked or cornered fight at −1 “to hit”
W1 (etc.). Unseen Servant: 1 turn to cast,gem @ 50+ gp; carry 10-pound item (drag 20), tie, mend, open door, or other menial: MV 30 (no run), AC 5, HD 1, hp 6, SV 17. Caster stay w/in 120'
D1 (etc). Magic Stone: One pebble; hurl as normal stones (see VOL. I, EQUIPMENT, missile weapons) or launched with a sling; +1 “to hit” and inflicts 2 hp damage
D1. Sanctuary from Animals: Sv. sorc. or animals completely ignore; can move inoffensively
N1. Extermination: Kill rodents and vermin, 1' × 1' × 1'/CA. Small animals (ordinary bats, rats, and small birds, for instance) of 1/4 HD, save. vs. death; slays up to 2.
N1, W1: Locate the Dead: Kill rodents and vermin, 1' × 1' × 1'/CA. Small animals (ordinary bats, rats, and small birds, for instance) of 1/4 HD, save. vs. death; slays up to 2.
N1 (etc.). Protection from Good: Kill rodents and vermin, 1' × 1' × 1'/CA. Small animals (ordinary bats, rats, and small birds, for instance) of 1/4 HD, save. vs. death; slays up to 2.
I1. Terrify: Eye contact; sorcery save; caster must pretend to approach; victim turns and run' if the victim is cornered, cowers unless attacked
M1. Decipher Language: Treasure maps and secret symbols may also be decoded.
M1. Detect Magic: path 60' X 10' ; can slowly rotate 360° before spell ends.Obstructed by 1/2" metal, 6" stone, or 1' wood; lead always masks
M1. Grease: 2 × 2'/CASv. avoid. or fall; prone; if cast on an enemy or something held/worn, sv. sorc.
M1. Identify: 6 t. to cast; sac. 100 gp/item; 1 item/CA; must handle; lose 8 CON drain; rest 1 CON/hr.; CON 3 or lower, unconscious 24 hrs.
M1. Magic Missile: 1d4+1 dmg./missile; +1 missile odd levels.
M1. Sleep: 4 HD or less; a 30' d.; 2d8, starting with the lowest (ignore +); target 1 crt. up to 5 HD
M1 (P1). Sorecerous Armour: Field like lthr. (AC 7); no effect if armoured; lasts until dispelled, or cumu. dmg.= 10 hp +1/CA. Does not work with prot. devices except cloak/scarab
M1. Spider Climb: Sheer or vertical surfaces, inc. smooth; 1/2 MV; cannot manip. objs. weigh less than 1 lb.; remove gauntlets and heavy footwear.
P1. Flash: 1 hr. to cast, using ungulate bladder; 5 small capsules of densely packed powder; throw to blind 1d4 rnd.
P1. Melt Ice: 30 cu. ft/CA level. 30 cu. ft/rnd.; inst. on light, fluffy snow; if melt ice under feet of opp., avoidance save to elude the melting area.

That's all I have so far! Hope they help with the spell database.

2/12/2015 1:57 pm  #42

Excellent. I will copy/paste these into the sheet. 

2/13/2015 1:22 pm  #43

Maezar, might want to recheck the attribute-based modifiers. My players noticed that a 13 CON populated with +1 to poison and 0 to HP when it should be the other way around. Also, an 8 STR should have a dmg. adj. of -1, but it is calculating as 0.

2/13/2015 1:30 pm  #44

Fixed!

2/14/2015 3:47 pm  #45

And another note from one of my players: 

"[Shaman should have] an 8 in 12 chance to cure a familiar disease or poison, 4 in 12 for not familiar. The sheet says 4 in 12 for both."

2/14/2015 3:49 pm  #46

Good stuff, Handy and Maezar.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/16/2015 12:15 pm  #47

All of this will be released as beta 1.14

PS: Handy, just a quick note for any future spell descriptions, "save vs. sorcery" is abbreviated "SV:Sor" by the sheet.

2/16/2015 12:24 pm  #48

Some other abbreviations:

t — turn
CT — Casting Time  (so, for example: CT:6t = Casting time 6 turns)
AOE — Area of Effect
Init. — Initiative

2/18/2015 6:47 pm  #49

I don't know how well these will come out, but here are three images of a pregen character, one of 15 I'm going to offer for a GaryCon pickup game. These are purely Hyperborean characters! Blackadder23's "Waifs of the Boreas" provided stats, gear, names, spells, and the rest, and I'm pretty sure BA23 used Colin Chapman's many fine documents (Masks, Names, Height and Weight) for his parameters. Then they were placed on Maezar's Character Sheet of Wondrous Animation--and Blackadder23 was kind enough to make character portraits. If this works, I present Prokopios of the Howling Hills, Kimmerian Shaman of the Hawk:

Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

And there's more where he come from!

2/20/2015 10:12 am  #50

More notes:

I think the berserker MV rate is defaulting to 50 rather than 40. I can't find antyhing in the manual about increased MV for berserkers; only monks and barbarians get the Run ability when unencumbered (which means an encumbered or more-than-lightly armored barbarian loses quite a lot of MV. One of my players had a berserker in banded who is carrying enough to be ecumbered. As far as I can tell, this should make her MV 20. The sheet has her with a base of 40 in banded, 30 when encumbered.

2/25/2015 4:46 pm  #51

Hand axe does not appear as a favored weapon for Legerdemainist/Mountebank.

2/25/2015 5:02 pm  #52

Sheets look good! Nice to see real data instead of dummy data. I fixed those details you mentioned.

Looks like you definitely do not have the suggested font installed. Let me know if I can help with that.

Last edited by Maezar (2/25/2015 5:04 pm)

2/25/2015 10:41 pm  #53

Oof, I thought I had installed it. I've been working with these on a remote desktop from my work computer, so there are various layers at work. I'll see what I can do.

My players definitely like the sheet--though only one of them has done the input work himself! I feel like I'm getting pretty capable with it now. It's really a time saver, esp. for keeping track of gear and encumbrance and for class abilities. And spells. In short, I endorse this event and/or product!

3/14/2015 10:34 am  #54

Smoke cloud (P1): 8,000 cu. ft. Can self-center; movement places self in. Coughing, eye irritation, obstructs vision: Missiles may be fired 10' into at −4; melee −4. 

3/17/2015 7:50 am  #55

And a note from my player on his second shaman (third?):

"Just noticed another bug in the shaman medicine man stat line. He has an 8/12 cure ability for familiar poison/ disease and a 4/12 for unfamiliar ones. According to the medicine man description his 16 wisdom gives him a +1 to this ability, so it's 9/12 and 5/12."

4/29/2015 10:09 am  #56

Some more errata:

--Bard HD type should be d8
--Spelling error in bard abilities (llegends)

4/29/2015 10:14 am  #57

Detect venom: Rev. poison in victim. Rev. poisonous creature/object. 360 deg. Rotation in 1t.

Faerie fire: Lambent glow 10' sq. ft./CA (1 Med. Or 2 Small/CA). Grants +1 to hit.

11/05/2015 10:23 am  #58

This sheet is amazing! Thanks for all the hard work!

I'm creating an Excel sheet with full spell descriptions, range, class/level, etc. If you're intrested I would be happy to share the information with you. I have more than half of the illusionist spells complete and I hope to finish the rest by the new year.

Last edited by roarmalf (11/05/2015 10:41 am)

11/05/2015 5:28 pm  #59

LEGERDEMAINIST (Mountebank, Fire Thief) should have "Axe, Hand" listed as a favoured weapon.

1/22/2017 11:23 am  #60

pming wrote:

Hiya.

Any chance of getting a 'converted' version for use with OpenOffice? I swore off  MS Office years and years ago...

^_^

Paul L. Ming

I'll second this.  The screenshots look gorgeous but, as the person above, I run OpenOffice.  Any chance on a version for that?  I know Oo has an issue with MS Office macros...

-SJ

Last edited by SmokestackJones (1/22/2017 11:23 am)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.