!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2015 7:25 pm  #21

Re: AS&SH Errata

Handy Haversack wrote:

In the PDF of the Players Manual, the bookmark for Movement goes to Combat Movement (p. 213) instead of Movement (p. 200). Can I blame DMP for this one?

Yes, please blame DMP! 😛

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/06/2015 10:32 pm  #22

Ghul wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

In the PDF of the Players Manual, the bookmark for Movement goes to Combat Movement (p. 213) instead of Movement (p. 200). Can I blame DMP for this one?

Yes, please blame DMP! 😛

I have a strange gap in my memory when it comes to indexing the PDFs; perhaps it's because I didn't. Now, if I could just climb out from under this bus...

2/07/2015 12:13 am  #23

LOL!!!

2/09/2015 8:13 pm  #24

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but in the table to determine which spell school a scroll contains spells from, there is no entry for the result 15.

2/09/2015 8:20 pm  #25

Ynas Midgard wrote:

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but in the table to determine which spell school a scroll contains spells from, there is no entry for the result 15.

D'oh! That one's on me. Don't worry, we'll fix it in the next printing by adding the cryomancer.

2/16/2015 5:08 am  #26

Page 192 has a few errors regarding hireling pricing:

Armour bearer - 3sp cost per day (on chart); in descriptions 1-3gp per day.

Linkboy - 2cp per day (on chart); in descriptions 1-3gp per day

2/18/2015 7:58 pm  #27

Rastus_Burne wrote:

Actually, those higher rates are for armour bearers and linkboys hired for dungeon delving. The standard (cheaper) rates are for easy city work.

2/18/2015 9:14 pm  #28

DMPrata wrote:

Rastus_Burne wrote:

Actually, those higher rates are for armour bearers and linkboys hired for dungeon delving. The standard (cheaper) rates are for easy city work.

Ahh that makes sense now that I re-read it. My confusion was perhaps warranted as it wasn't apparent there was a different between a regular armourbearer and a 'dungeon' armourbearer. In my defense it was late, and I was very tired 

2/18/2015 11:51 pm  #29

I was really happy that the dungeoneering rates were listed. I think this may be the only game I have encountered that does so.

2/19/2015 6:56 am  #30

k2h2m3 wrote:

I was really happy that the dungeoneering rates were listed. I think this may be the only game I have encountered that does so.

Right! For the hired hand, it becomes, "Wait, you want me to go where? That's going to cost you extra. " ;)

2/19/2015 2:54 pm  #31

Exactly. That makes sense, and I would always use the higher pricing, especially if the area in question already has a reputation as a death trap!

2/19/2015 3:41 pm  #32

Rastus_Burne wrote:

Exactly. That makes sense, and I would always use the higher pricing, especially if the area in question already has a reputation as a death trap!

Every time my players lose a hireling, I double the rate that the next one demands.  Word gets around.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

2/19/2015 4:05 pm  #33

Blackadder23 wrote:

Rastus_Burne wrote:

Every time my players lose a hireling, I double the rate that the next one demands.  Word gets around.

I may or may not be stealing that idea!

2/22/2015 8:22 pm  #34

Nitpickery:

Page 158, Dust of Sneezing and Choking:

Dust of Sneezing and Choking: This dust is composed of finely ground, white-speckled blue lotus petals.

But at the end of the paragraph:

This pollen is a primary ingredient of many poison types

emphasis mine, in both cases.

2/22/2015 8:27 pm  #35

Page 153, Bead of Force:

One can be hurled to a range of 30.

Missing a unit of distance, I believe.

2/22/2015 8:50 pm  #36

francisca wrote:

Page 153, Bead of Force:

One can be hurled to a range of 30.

Missing a unit of distance, I believe.

I think that one's intentional, because it varies according to venue - feet indoors and yards outdoors.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

2/23/2015 9:50 am  #37

francisca -- Good catch on the first one; BA23 is correct regarding the second one.

9/13/2015 7:32 pm  #38

I was rereading the Player's Manual and I noticed a possible error in the description of the wall of iron spell:

Evokes a vertical iron wall to rise from the ground, typically to seal off passages or wall breaches. The wall must have appropriate anchor points to which to affix itself and cannot be made to stand in open space. The wall of iron is three inches thick and covers an area of up to 600 square feet (e.g., a CA 7 sorcerer may create a 10 × 10-foot wall that is up to 70 feet long). A wall of iron is destroyed by a dispel magic spell; otherwise it is permanent unless battered down.

The bolded part seems to be at odds with the rest of the description.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/13/2015 9:01 pm  #39

Blackadder23 wrote:

I was rereading the Player's Manual and I noticed a possible error in the description of the wall of iron spell:

Evokes a vertical iron wall to rise from the ground, typically to seal off passages or wall breaches. The wall must have appropriate anchor points to which to affix itself and cannot be made to stand in open space. The wall of iron is three inches thick and covers an area of up to 600 square feet (e.g., a CA 7 sorcerer may create a 10 × 10-foot wall that is up to 70 feet long). A wall of iron is destroyed by a dispel magic spell; otherwise it is permanent unless battered down.

The bolded part seems to be at odds with the rest of the description.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Jeff, that text doesn't appear in my proof (which reads, "e.g., 20 feet high by 30 feet long"). Any idea whence it came?

9/14/2015 5:10 am  #40

Seems to be a change that was made during the layout phase back in June of 2012.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.