!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2015 10:41 pm  #1

Bound my pdf's

Bound the Player's manual many months ago to test out doing a perfect binding technique. I finally got around to binding the Referee's manual yesterday/today:

The weight I used to press things together when I glued the cover on seemed appropriate:

I just used a simple perfect binding. It's just clamping the block together and then gluing the edge that will be the spine. The player's manual I used a weird silcone adhesive which I didn't like how it set up. For all of my bindings since I've used an acid free version of Tacky Glue.

For some books I'll also glue on a piece of cloth to the spine but the back side of it isn't glued to the cover. I think it helps it lay open better.

In any case I think they turned out nice. Frazetta always goes well with swords and sorcery. :-)

Two guesses which is the player's manual and which is the refererre's.

What? Me worry?

1/28/2015 10:57 pm  #2

Re: Bound my pdf's

Looks cool. Hopefully the pages still turn Ok and it is functional for you

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

1/28/2015 10:59 pm  #3

Nice! I am going with Death Dealer as Referees Manual.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/29/2015 6:50 am  #4

Nice job!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/29/2015 8:14 am  #5

Scalydemon: That was one concern I had, but they turn fine and it lays flat reasonable well. Not quite as nice for the last 10 pages or so like a spiral bound book. Some day I might get really crazy and do stitch binding. Of course, I'll have to use leather or faux leather to cover them then.

Chainsaw: Correct! Can't have some paladin looking dude on the referee's manual. :-)

Ghul: Thanks.

What? Me worry?

1/29/2015 9:13 am  #6

Very cool! I have the boxed set, but also printed the pdf and had it spiral bound. Then we didn't have enough Player's books during character gen, so i printed the character section in booklet format to make a little saddle - stitched manual. It's worked out quite well.

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.