!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2014 7:58 pm  #1

Who all is on google+ <?>

I wanted to see if there were enough people here who were on google + that maybe we could get a little pick up game going via hangout sometime. I would volunteer to run a game, but probably just a 1 or 2 shot deal. Would be cool to actually game with some of you folks rather than just discuss games

So who is on there? I know Chainsaw is and enjoys games there. I have run a half dozen games on hangout, but it;s been awhile. Used to run a bi weekly LL game via skype that lasted for a year or so before google + existed.

I know the AS&SH page there is fairly active

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

12/09/2014 8:23 pm  #2

Re: Who all is on google+ <?>

Yep, I'm on there as chainsaw762 and would certainly be interested in some one-off games. Keep me posted!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

12/09/2014 8:28 pm  #3

Chainsaw wrote:

Yep, I'm on there as chainsaw762 and would certainly be interested in some one-off games. Keep me posted!

Ha, well actually a rather smashing idea hit me. I posted a game ad on the actual AS&SH google+ page for this! Brilliant ! ha ha

So - if anyone here are on google+ and I would assume you are a member of the AS&SH community there - look me up there and this game offering please and sign up and we'll hammer out a time. I have more free time over the Holiday season than normal

The hills have eyes! Run for your life! Aghhhhh!!!!!!

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

12/09/2014 8:56 pm  #4

OK, cool. Looking forward to it. If you want to refresh on the tech, let me know. We can set up a short dry run one night beforehand.

12/09/2014 9:11 pm  #5

Would love to, but my calander is a cyclopean horror of competing commitments.

12/09/2014 10:10 pm  #6

I am on g+ as Joe Salvador ...very original I know. I would love to game with you guys, but it would have to be in the future, as I am kind of swamped right now. I will keep an eye on your goings-on though!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

12/10/2014 8:59 am  #7

I'm paranoid (but am I paranoid enough?!) already about how much control of my life Google has, so I have resisted Google+. Skype seems less skeevy, so I'm going to try using it to keep in the game one of my players who has moved away. Google+ . . . people do seem to like it. But I just can't take the plunge. I don't belong to any other social networks either--or have a cell phone. I'm what p. 10 of the DMG would call an outlier.

But it would be great to game with you all at some point!

12/10/2014 10:24 am  #8

I created a separate email account explicitly and solely for using G+.

12/10/2014 12:32 pm  #9

Chainsaw wrote:

Probably the best plan--though I wonder if it fools 'em!

12/10/2014 4:54 pm  #10

Handy Haversack wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Probably the best plan--though I wonder if it fools 'em!

If you are on the web, someone, somewhere is watching or recording or both. Resistance is futile.

12/10/2014 8:31 pm  #11

It's all true. You don't have to use your real name on google+, Chainsaw looks like he goes by 'Chainsaw' on there for example.

JOIN OR DIE

12/17/2014 10:04 am  #12

earlofchutney

I hardly use G+ but would like to start some online rpging.

12/17/2014 8:06 pm  #13

This got bumped to January due to people being too busy with Xmas etc.

I will re-post a game ad in January on the google+ AS&SH page and probably a few other spots to try and get enough players that could hit a day/time thanks

1/19/2015 4:34 am  #14

I am! I should be under 'Corey Walden'. Would love a one-shot sometime. 

1/28/2015 6:06 pm  #15

OK, I set up a new account just for this. You *should* be able to find me at Handy Haversack. I don't know how to verify that, though!

1/28/2015 7:41 pm  #16

Handy I saw you on there, I will add u back.

I will also find Corey and add him.

Handy - if you want I can 'share my circles' with you. That would add about 1000 mostly gaming related people to your post stream. That is the normal method after you join, unless you want to keep things super small and quiet and use it for other purposes. I also recommend joining communities on there such as AS&SH, OSR, B/X, etc

1/28/2015 7:47 pm  #17

Thanks for the add Handy!

1/28/2015 8:27 pm  #18

Scalydemon wrote:

Handy I saw you on there, I will add u back.

I will also find Corey and add him.

Handy - if you want I can 'share my circles' with you. That would add about 1000 mostly gaming related people to your post stream. That is the normal method after you join, unless you want to keep things super small and quiet and use it for other purposes. I also recommend joining communities on there such as AS&SH, OSR, B/X, etc

Thanks, Scaly. I'll keep it small for now until I have a better sense of it. I mainly joined in order to try an online game at some point. I did join the AS&SH group, though.

1/28/2015 8:29 pm  #19

If someone wants to run an AS&SH one shot at some point it seems like there could be a reasonable amount of interested participants 

1/28/2015 10:56 pm  #20

The International Robert E Howard fan association is an interesting community if you haven't seen it , or joined.

To see the latest of the new mostly Conan related media of different types out there etc. (Not all of it I am a fan of, just interesting to see sometimes)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.