!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2014 6:37 am  #1

Rats in the Walls

RATS in the WALLS -- Sneak Peak! Here is a first glimpse of Rats in the Walls in print as its own AS&SH module for the first time! I have printed 250 copies of this adventure, each signed and numbered. The first 125 will be included in the Gary Con Gaming Convention platinum swag bags.

Here (above) are the front and back covers of this signed and numbered edition of Rats in the Walls.

Here (above) are the first 125 copies of Rats in the Walls, ready for shipping to Lake Geneva, WI.

Last edited by Ghul (3/14/2014 6:37 am)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/14/2014 8:16 am  #2

Re: Rats in the Walls

Fan-damn-tastic, Ghul! That looks really sweet.

I don't suppose any numbered copies are reserved for those of us on the Hyperborea board who can't make it out to the Midwest . . .

Maybe next year. Maybe next year.

3/14/2014 8:44 am  #3

Handy Haversack wrote:

I don't suppose any numbered copies are reserved for those of us on the Hyperborea board who can't make it out to the Midwest . . .

I plan to put a small amount aside. Of that small amount, I am accounting for my editor (Dave "DMPrata" Prata), my artist (Ian Baggley), and my cartographer (Andreas "Sir Clarence" Claren). I am reluctant to make any promises, because if 30 people asked, it would defeat the purpose of a "Gary Con VI special edition", and I would not want to have to play favorites. The most likely scenario is this:

[*] 250 copies
[*] 125 go to GC VI swag bags 
[*] 125 to be sold at con
[*] Remainder to be sold first-come, first-serve with a preference to the folks who come here.

Does that seem fair?

Cheers,
Jeff T.

3/14/2014 8:47 am  #4

Eminently!

Really, I'm just in it for the rats. And the walls.

3/14/2014 12:53 pm  #5

Put me down for one of the remainders. As soon as I hear them squeak my money order will be in the mail! Cool story too by the one and only.

3/14/2014 12:56 pm  #6

Ghul wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

I plan to put a small amount aside. Of that small amount, I am accounting for my editor (Dave "DMPrata" Prata), my artist (Ian Baggley), and my cartographer (Andreas "Sir Clarence" Claren). I am reluctant to make any promises, because if 30 people asked, it would defeat the purpose of a "Gary Con VI special edition", and I would not want to have to play favorites. The most likely scenario is this:

• 250 copies
  • 125 go to GC VI swag bags 
  • 125 to be sold at con
  • Remainder to be sold first-come, first-serve with a preference to the folks who come here.

• Does that seem fair?

Cheers,
    Jeff T.

As long as I can snag a copy I'll be happy. 

3/14/2014 2:04 pm  #7

Cool! I knew there was a reason I went platinum.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/15/2014 6:00 pm  #8

Looks sweet  Going to keep an eye out for it.

3/15/2014 6:04 pm  #9

Kookla wrote:

Looks sweet  Going to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks, Kookla!

3/15/2014 8:08 pm  #10

I'm actually stoked to see this in print on it's own. Hopefully when the time comes i'll be able to pick one up.

3/15/2014 8:28 pm  #11

k2h2m3 wrote:

I'm actually stoked to see this in print on it's own. Hopefully when the time comes i'll be able to pick one up.

Should be in a few weeks -- after Gary Con, really. Welcome aboard, Bryon!

3/21/2014 9:59 am  #12

Sounds excellent Jeff, and quite fair. Put me down for a remainder copy!
Any plans to put a pdf up on DriveThru?

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

3/21/2014 10:37 am  #13

joseph wrote:

Yes, shortly after Gary Con. And then I'll start taking orders on the remaining signed & numbered copies. I'm leaving 20 copies here in my office, so at the very least, the handful of you fine fellows here who want one will be able to get one.

3/21/2014 10:51 am  #14

Ghul wrote:

joseph wrote:

Yes, shortly after Gary Con. And then I'll start taking orders on the remaining signed & numbered copies. I'm leaving 20 copies here in my office, so at the very least, the handful of you fine fellows here who want one will be able to get one.

Awesome

3/21/2014 12:04 pm  #15

Double awesome, thank you much!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

3/21/2014 2:57 pm  #16

Very cool.

3/23/2014 2:07 am  #17

Definitely looking forward to this, Jeff, in particular because I've not played this scenario, so I'm always curious to see what you're cooking up!

JasonZavoda wrote:

As long as I can snag a copy I'll be happy. 

Jason:  if you want me to pick up a copy for you while I'm at GaryCon, I'd be happy to do so.  Email me to let me know.

Last edited by grodog (3/23/2014 2:08 am)

3/23/2014 6:17 am  #18

Just to be clear, this 250-copy "signed-and-numbered" run is not the be all, end all. I'll be printing a regular version after I sell through. 

4/10/2014 8:21 am  #19

Ghul, now that the Con is over, are there any left to sell to loyal board members (hint, hint)?

4/10/2014 9:46 am  #20

Totally! Reread the story about a week ago-I forgot that the main character partially ate one of his comrades in the madness at the end. Hah! Difficult to get more twisted Sword & Sorcery than that. Back to the topic though-Yep, I'm waiting too.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.