!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/23/2014 7:14 pm  #21

Re: AFS 6 - Upcoming

Thanks HH! I look fwd to reading those

Great Lestrade, I printed up and read the adventure you submitted awhile ago. I like it quite a bit. A nice change up from a standard dungeon with a cool setting and background. I am going to edit some of it, I will email you some thoughts on that

If you wanted to submit a short piece I think it would be cool to include:
some rolled up  interesting NPCs that were of variant classes that Ghul/Jeff has made:
ie.
A Cryomancer
A Purloiner
can't quite recall if there were others

Just a suggestion if you are up to it. Thanks as always

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

10/27/2014 8:58 pm  #22

I am not sure which issues or zines the Cryomancer or Purloiner appeared in, but i could write an npc for one of them. I have 3 issues AFS, 2 Gygax, all of fight on, etc.

10/27/2014 11:33 pm  #23

Hi,
Cryomancer was in AFS 2
The Purloiner was in AFS 4

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

11/11/2014 10:47 pm  #24

*Update -  Stardate November 11 2014*

Got quite a bit of editing work done the other eve. Things taking shape and still hoping for a Thanksgiving-ish end of month release. Cover art and some other art all set.

This will be a last call for submissions (within next 7 days or so) if Ghul or grodog or anyone else has anything, thanks!

11/12/2014 6:01 am  #25

I think I can have my piece done within seven days. It is shaping up already.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/12/2014 9:15 am  #26

Scalydemon wrote:

Got quite a bit of editing work done the other eve. Things taking shape and still hoping for a Thanksgiving-ish end of month release. Cover art and some other art all set.

This will be a last call for submissions (within next 7 days or so) if Ghul or grodog or anyone else has anything, thanks!

Scaly, what would you think about compiling the random enc. tables for AS&SH from this thread:
http://hyperborea.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=166
into an article? Ghul, me, Ynas Midgard, and Great_Lestrade have some pieces there. You have permission to use mine (Gal Hills).

And if you had time, maybe the folks about could come up with a couple more to add to it: Khromarium, Spiral Mountain Array, Hyperborean Sea, Plateau of Leng are some possibilities. Any interest?

11/12/2014 11:56 am  #27

I'll send you a "generic" version of my Celestial Phenomena Table.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

11/12/2014 1:26 pm  #28

Blackadder23 wrote:

I'll send you a "generic" version of my Celestial Phenomena Table.

Cool! I reference that in my Gal Hills random-enc. table.

11/12/2014 2:51 pm  #29

Handy Haversack wrote:

Scalydemon wrote:

Scaly, what would you think about compiling the random enc. tables for AS&SH from this thread:
http://hyperborea.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=166
into an article? Ghul, me, Ynas Midgard, and Great_Lestrade have some pieces there. You have permission to use mine (Gal Hills).

And if you had time, maybe the folks about could come up with a couple more to add to it: Khromarium, Spiral Mountain Array, Hyperborean Sea, Plateau of Leng are some possibilities. Any interest?

I could be talked into compiling and editing, if we can get everyone's permission. It would most likely have to be for the next issue though, I'm crazy with work right now.

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

11/13/2014 8:00 pm  #30

Looks potentially cool, but would realistically at this stage have to wait for a future issue.

The page count for AFS 6 is looking pretty strong/full already (still holding out hope for Jeff's variant class though as that would be awesome and I'm sure well liked).

Three complete adventures will be in AFS 6, all of which I like a lot and could make for fun multi-session gaming - so this issue should be well worth the meager price tag when I get it out (Two are written for AS&SH, one is written for B/X)

Last edited by Scalydemon (11/13/2014 8:01 pm)

11/13/2014 8:16 pm  #31

When will you begin taking orders, Scaley? Or did I miss it already?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/13/2014 9:57 pm  #32

Article submitted for consideration. Thanks, Scott.

11/13/2014 10:11 pm  #33

Chainsaw- I need to get a page count and finalize some editing to be able to put it up for sale. But at least I can post a TOC now and should release soon/this month:

AFS Magazine #6   - Table of Contents

Adventure – Wrath of the Sea God Khulk-Xu by the Scribe Lestrade
New Monster -  Scorpioids of Xin-  By Michael Haskell
Adventure – Beyond the Ice Fall by Joseph D. Salvador
Fiction – Two Military Executions by Ambrose Bierce (1906)
Table – Celestial Phenomona  by Benjamin Ball
NPC spotlight - Ulva  Esquimaux (Eskimo) NPC of the Purloiner class from the Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers game by the Scribe Lestrade (also includes a re-print of the Purloiner class for AS&SH by Jeffrey Talanian & Colin Chapman)
Adventure – Haunted Ruins of Castle Mold-a-Vay for character levels 3-6 written for B/X by Scalydemon, Rflowers, Fingolwyn, Distorted Humor, & Darkgrey
Variant Class – The Huntsman written for the Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea ruleset by Jeffrey Talanian

Last edited by Scalydemon (11/17/2014 11:41 pm)

11/14/2014 6:10 am  #34

It's "Huntsman," Scott! 

11/14/2014 9:04 am  #35

Wrath of the Sea God Khulk-Xu is much better than the original title - The Bath house.

11/14/2014 9:42 am  #36

Ghul wrote:

It's "Huntsman," Scott! 

Whoops, fixed it . That's what editing is for ! ha ha.

11/14/2014 4:14 pm  #37

This is looking like a really useful installment of AFS. Can't wait to see that Huntsman, new classes are always welcome!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

11/17/2014 7:16 pm  #38

Firing up the gas lamp...doing some editing & layout this eve. Hope to put this up for pre-order within a week from now.

Got the covers back today. My cell phone camera is terrible, but you can at least see what the issue will look like. It is actually sort of a forest green color but that didn't come out well in the pic. (Looks better in person)

11/17/2014 7:53 pm  #39

You taking orders yet?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/18/2014 12:40 pm  #40

looks mint.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.