!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2014 5:18 pm  #21

Re: The Character Sheet of Wondrous Automation

Maezar wrote:

Yes, Excel 2007 is likely the issue. The sheet was developed in 2011 and tested in 2010 and 2013. These areas must be using features not supported in the older version. Unfortunately, I don't have 2007 to test with. I'll make a note that v2010 or newer are required.

Maezar,
One of my players monkeyed with this issue a little and found that the Weapon drop-down does not utilize a Named Range. The class drop down does and works fine in 2007. This may be your bug.

Also, he found that slightly widening the Feat of Str/Dex/Con column fixed the issue we were having there.

I have not been home yet to try these fixes, but hope it helps!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

5/07/2014 5:33 pm  #22

Thanks Joseph. I've converted the WEAPONS table so it uses NAMED RANGES for v1.08. Hopefully this will solve the problem! I will also lower the font size by 1/2 point to ensure that the feats fit in all systems. 

5/10/2014 4:05 pm  #23

Hiya.

Any chance of getting a 'converted' version for use with OpenOffice? I swore off  MS Office years and years ago...

^_^

Paul L. Ming

6/17/2014 11:34 am  #24

Hi Maezar,
Any new updates to your character sheet?

6/17/2014 11:37 am  #25

Hi Joseph,

Sorry, been totally swamped with work and then had some family vacation. A new version 1.12 is done and ready to release. I just need to update the web site.

-- 

Last edited by Maezar (6/17/2014 11:56 am)

6/17/2014 1:18 pm  #26

Great news! I'll be looking for it!

6/20/2014 6:15 am  #27

Me too. Thanks Maezar.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

6/21/2014 11:27 am  #28

All,

Sorry for the delays... I've been super busy in other areas of life/work.

The latest version of the Sheet of Wondrous Automation, Beta 1.13, has been released.
The new version has improved languages, skills, armour class, fixes, and more. Enjoy!

http://www.mysticworks.com/Hyperborea/

I'll support it here as you install and test.

Last edited by Maezar (6/21/2014 11:28 am)

6/22/2014 8:28 am  #29

It's looking fantastic, Maezar!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

6/23/2014 12:27 am  #30

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

6/23/2014 1:25 pm  #31

Played around with this alittpe this morning and it looks great! Thanks again for all the work you put into this Maezar!

6/23/2014 1:27 pm  #32

You're welcome Joseph and all. 

2/09/2015 6:26 pm  #33

Hi, Maezar--not sure if you're still updating and troubleshooting, but I've done some more work putting the sheet through its paces in making some pregens for GaryCon gaming. A couple of things I've noticed:

--Monk: The quarterstaff is not listed as a favored weapon--possibly because it's two-handed? But the monk description in the Players Manual disallows only "true" two-handed weapons, which I think means those with the + symbol (great axe, great hammer, etc.).
--Cataphract: Similary, the cataphract should start with mastery of the lance and one other weapon, but it seems the sheet anticipates only one weapon of mastery.
--Armor and shields: Not yet in the item database, I think, right?
--I've had to come up with some short spell descriptions to fit on the sheet for these characters, so if you want them to add to the database, let me know.

But I should stress that it's really working like a charm! I combined it with "Waifs of the Boreas" to generate the pregens. Easy-peasy. I haven't finished inputting them all yet, but I did experiment with outputting one to PDF today, and it looked good! I wonder if there's a way to get the first two pages onto one page and spells on a second. I was thinking that if one were to print at 8.5 X 14 (like the regular AS&SH sheet), it might also work well with one fold--and fit in the box set! Anyone experimented with printing?

2/09/2015 6:31 pm  #34

Now that I have the box set I'll need to give this a whirl. 

2/09/2015 6:41 pm  #35

Great post, Handy.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/09/2015 7:50 pm  #36

Monk: fixed
Cataphract: fixed.

Not sure what you mean about armor and shields.  I'm seeing full dropdowns for each under the ARMOUR CLASS area.

2/09/2015 7:51 pm  #37

8 1/2 x 14 is probably not in the cards. I have had some nice experiences using 11x17, offering each player  a "folio."

2/09/2015 9:01 pm  #38

Maezar wrote:

Monk: fixed
Cataphract: fixed.

Not sure what you mean about armor and shields.  I'm seeing full dropdowns for each under the ARMOUR CLASS area.

Ah, yes, there it all seems complete. I meant under the weight and cost menu on the side when one is filling out equipment.

Maezar wrote:

8 1/2 x 14 is probably not in the cards. I have had some nice experiences using 11x17, offering each player  a "folio." 

Do you print 3 sheets to a page when you do it that way? To create the PDF I printed to PDF as I couldn't locate a better export function in Excel. Is there a better way?

Again, using the sheet to put these pregens together has been great. Also, one of my players moved to San Francisco, but we're keeping him in the game through Skype. He used the sheet to make his new character and found it great (his was the cataphract). Thanks for the update!

2/09/2015 9:16 pm  #39

Oh, a couple of other small things:

This could be my fault--perhaps I don't have fonts installed right?--but the trauma surival seems to be too large for the cell. If I unlock the sheet and reduce the font size there, it displays fine, but otherwise I get the Excel "###" unhappiness.

Also, an odd thing: If one copies a block of equipment and weights from one sheet to another, the weight autocalculator triples the weights! And there doesn't seem to be a way to overwrite this afterward. Deleting the contents of those cells did not get rid of the weight. Now, I only tested this using the first cells of the equipment list, and, again, it is most likely something I am doing wrong.

And I'm not sure that HD type and Crit. Hits are auto-updating by class, though there's a chance I messed this up. As per usual.

2/09/2015 9:41 pm  #40

I've tested Trauma Survival for every CON score and it always fits here. Not sure what could be up, but I gave it an extra few pixels for the next build.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.