!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/10/2014 11:09 am  #1

Extended 1st level spell lists for priests

My current group includes a cleric, a magician, and a priest. The cleric is doing a good job at the side of the fighter and the magician made the choice not to cast his 2 spells until it's a real emergency. The priest has more spells per day, but his spell list has only two spells with which he can directly participate in combat, command and magic stone. And a single attack at +1 to Hit and 2 damage doesn't seem much  better than attacking with a sling or dart.
The issue kind of solves itself at 3rd level when priest and clerics get access to darkness, hold person, weird warhammer, and wyvern warden, which are really quite good ones.
But at 1st and 2nd level a priest is a 0th level guy with a sling and healing potions. The priest in our group had a few opportunities to make use of his religious education, but we do have a significant amount of dungeon crawling.
I'd like to offer the player 2 or 3 offensive spells to give him more room to participate, as I think he's actually one of the most invested players in the group. Any ideas what spells would be suitable?

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Spriggan's Den

6/10/2014 2:19 pm  #2

Re: Extended 1st level spell lists for priests

Light can be used as an offensive spell to partially blind.

Remove Fear is reversible into a pretty potent spell. CLW is reversible, too. Command is a pretty great spell.

6/10/2014 3:07 pm  #3

I actually didn't think of this. That seems indeed to be more than enough options.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Spriggan's Den

6/10/2014 4:09 pm  #4

cause light wounds, too.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

6/10/2014 4:32 pm  #5

That's reversed CLW for the young crowd.

Spriggan's Den

6/10/2014 5:14 pm  #6

Yora wrote:

I think you're supposed to abbreviate it WLC!

6/10/2014 5:28 pm  #7

Yora wrote:

Bah!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.