!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2014 7:04 am  #1

Potion of Super-Heroism error?

The potion of Super-Heroism increases FA/HD by +5 for 4th level characters, but only by +3 for 5th level characters. So a 4th level character would get FA/HD of 9, and a 5th level character only of 8. (6th level characters again 9.)
This never happens with the normal potion of heroism and only at the step from level 4 to level 5 with the super-heroism potion. Is it intentional, that there's a skip of 1 with the SH potion, or is that a mistake?

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Spriggan's Den

5/15/2014 7:09 pm  #2

Re: Potion of Super-Heroism error?

Yes, it seems a bit off. It could be better adjusted. There were legal concerns; I did not want to replicate the 1e table. Suggestions welcome.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/15/2014 7:13 pm  #3

How about:
0th  = +6 FA/HD
1st to 4th  = +5 FA/HD
5th to 6th = +4 FA/HD
7th to 8th = +3 FA/HD
9th to 10th = +2 FA/HD
11th = +1 FA/HD

6/29/2014 7:15 pm  #4

Sure.

Incidentally, I love incorporating potions, as I'm of a mind to distribute potions, scrolls and other consumable magic freely enough that people actually use them (hopefully to entertaining effect) rather than hoard them for the "ultimate" battle that may or may not ever come (yawn).

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

6/30/2014 7:39 pm  #5

Right, I am also a big fan of consumable magic, which is part of the reason why I enjoy the Holmes method for scrolls, adopted for AS&SH, where any sorcerer of any level can craft them, if they obtain (purchase) the right materials.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.