!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2019 1:27 pm  #1

The Head Hunter (2019)

Cool horror-fantasy flick that feels very Hyperborea. Little slow at first, but totally worth it. I give it 3/3 chainsaws. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/16/2019 9:26 pm  #2

Re: The Head Hunter (2019)

Chainsaw wrote:

Cool horror-fantasy flick that feels very Hyperborea. Little slow at first, but totally worth it. I give it 3/3 chainsaws.

I liked the movie. Very atmospheric. I preferred the pre-ending ending though....

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

6/25/2019 4:59 pm  #3

Chainsaw wrote:

I enjoyed it very much. Very well done for a budget of 30 grand.

• “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar

6/25/2019 9:42 pm  #4

Ok, the trailer left me wanting to see this movie. I wonder if I should see it with my son who games or with the son who loves horror movies.

Or maybe I should just take them both.

7/03/2019 6:07 am  #5

Looks cool, thanks for letting me know about this.

Has anyone seen one? Has anyone seen one in a hundred years??

12/30/2019 11:23 am  #6

The DVD is finally available from Netflix and well worth watching. Very atmospheric and well crafted. My only gripe, shared by my son, is that at times it was almost too dark to really appreciate what was happening on-screen.

12/31/2019 9:36 am  #7

tomas wrote:

The DVD is finally available from Netflix and well worth watching. Very atmospheric and well crafted. My only gripe, shared by my son, is that at times it was almost too dark to really appreciate what was happening on-screen.

The dark makes it easier to cover low budget film issues.  I get it though. Love this movie.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.