!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2019 10:34 am  #481

Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome kane! Nice avatar pic you got there.
Be well,
--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

6/10/2019 2:37 pm  #482

Howdy folks!

My name is Adam and I'm mostly known for running DCC RPG, the Metal Gods of Ur-Hadad zine for DCC and the Drink Spin Run podcast (kind of on hiatus right now, future uncertain), but I've been a fan of ASSH since I discovered it. I've run it a few times before for online and con groups, but I'm finally gearing up to run a campaign for some new-to-me players. A few months ago, I'd have skimmed the ASSH G+ group for inspiration for that campaign, but man do times change and I'm here instead and happy to be! 

6/10/2019 2:42 pm  #483

Welcome aboard Adam! Have fun!

6/10/2019 3:11 pm  #484

Welcome!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

6/10/2019 6:32 pm  #485

Welcome, this is a most congenial lot of AS&SH fans!

"Yonder is a congenial table. It is dependable and has supported thousands of tankards with only rare spillage. It seems to induce kindness and liberality even among strangers. There has never been a glottal congestion at this table, nor has anyone ever failed to pay his score."
Jack Vance, Lurulu

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

6/11/2019 12:26 am  #486

Love DCC, got many dozens of their adventures and greatly enjoy their attitude to gaming...

Welcome...

6/11/2019 8:36 am  #487

Welcome Adam! It's a great place to lurk and read and discuss a great game.
Be well,
--Ron--

6/16/2019 10:08 pm  #488

Discovered this game after listening to some OSR podcasts and hearing it so highly recommended. This game is right down my ally. I love the art, the feel, the sword and sorcery vibe, the cthulhoid backdrop.

Looking forward to talking about this great game and maybe meeting some of y’all at the table, or when I quit making excuses for missing NTX RPG Con....

6/17/2019 5:36 am  #489

Welcome, it is a great game!

6/17/2019 8:08 am  #490

Welcome Aries04!!

Aries04 wrote:

... or when I quit making excuses for missing NTX RPG Con....

Yes! I have to get there as well, some how, some way, some day!
--Ron--

6/17/2019 1:54 pm  #491

Welcome aboard guys...

Last edited by BlackKnight (6/17/2019 1:54 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

6/17/2019 3:51 pm  #492

Welcome Aries04! 

6/20/2019 10:59 pm  #493

Hey all, glad to be joining this group.  I'm a recurring character on the Tales from Hyperborea podcast. Just getting acquainted with all of the great content on here.  You have created such a rich world! The most exciting part for me though is how much more remains to be discovered!

6/21/2019 5:04 am  #494

Welcome, James. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

6/21/2019 5:45 am  #495

Nice 1; stuff of heroes indeed, I will be listening to it as I work on my laptop, good stuff.

Welcome….

6/21/2019 9:08 am  #496

Welcome JustJames!! I just started that podcast today! Fun stuff. I'm only through the trailer and part of the first episode. But I dig the theme music, kind of Ladyhawk-ish with some Stranger Things in it. :D Dig the cool come of the DM (his voice reminds me of Seth Godin) and interesting voice of Hawker (?). I've only seen the podcast though, is there a website somewhere too?
Thanks, be well and be welcome!
--Ron--

6/21/2019 7:48 pm  #497

Looking forward to hearing more, JustJames!

6/22/2019 9:23 pm  #498

Hey all, Crawdad here.  After a long hiatus from RPGs, I wanted to do something different than LOTR inspired games and backed the Kickstarter for 2e.  I love this game!  I just need a group to play this with!  Anyhoo, wanted to drop in and say hi.

• “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar

6/23/2019 5:42 am  #499

Hail and welcome, I am great fan of LotR also, what a small world!

6/23/2019 11:14 am  #500

Welcome Crawdad! Where are you from, there are definitely groups out there!
Besides Roll20 and PbP forums.
Welcome and good luck!
--Ron--

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.