!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2014 3:08 pm  #21

Re: Character Generation: Choices, choices, choices

As a DM, I see no issue with an older PC. The PC would have any bonus or malus due to his age and still be level 1.
On the other hand, if the player is asking to play a veteran as a starting character, we might have an issue. Unless the other players are OK to play his disciples/students/children/entourage. 

4/21/2014 5:48 pm  #22

The game seems pretty explicit about starting people young, without the benefits of adulthood. So I'd be tempted to move them all the way along to middle age so they are at least getting some penalties. Richer for the RPing and all that.

4/21/2014 7:25 pm  #23

Odysseus wrote:

bonus or malus

"Malus" is officially the word of the day now.

4/23/2014 2:09 pm  #24

Excuse my french ! 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.