!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2019 7:01 am  #101

Re: Foolsgrave (development, spoilers)

Caveman wrote:

Hi Chainsaw, any advancement on Foolsgrave?

Hey man! Thanks for your interest. I haven't made any progress developing new maps or keying the existing maps. Seems like everyone had fun at Gary Con, NTRPG Con and GameHole, so maybe I need to revisit. If it's any consolation, a couple of the marquee rooms made it into The Brazen Bull.

Brock Savage wrote:

Caveman wrote:

Was thinking that it would be good too, if one day a kickstarter was done to develop it, perhaps as an AS&SH project with Jeff and the team? I would surely support it and I am sure the rest would be glad to have it on their shelves.  

I would support this project.

I'm flattered at the suggestion, gentlemen. Thanks! It would take significant work on my part, as I only have the first level keyed and even that is literally just a one-line note per room that I riff off of when I run it. You never know, though. I have felt an increasing urge to return to the project.

If you're eager to read more conversation on it, I have a thread over at K&KA too. You might need to be a member, so sign up first.

http://knights-n-knaves.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=28&t=14028

Caveman wrote:

I got the old AD&D Undermountain Mega-dungeon boxsets I and II, and there is so much missing, Levels, etc. But the theory is, not every room was keyed (coded, numbered), so it not as if every room needs to be done, this allows GM to fill in the blanks, which I think is a good idea., Makes the dungeon more personal to each individual GM and saves a lot of time structuring it, which helps creator.

Agreed.

caveman wrote:

Q: So what is the history of the tower, foolsgave is under? (I might have missed that post, not sure).

No idea!

caveman wrote:

Q: What is the dungeon under 'Diamond Jims,' tavern like also?

Again, no idea!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/07/2019 9:31 am  #102

Chainsaw wrote:

Hey man! Thanks for your interest. I haven't made any progress developing new maps or keying the existing maps. Seems like everyone had fun at Gary Con, NTRPG Con and GameHole, so maybe I need to revisit. If it's any consolation, a couple of the marquee rooms made it into The Brazen Bull. 

A lifetime project is a good thing... Are they, nice 1.

Chainsaw wrote:

I'm flattered at the suggestion, gentlemen. Thanks! It would take significant work on my part, as I only have the first level keyed and even that is literally just a one-line note per room that I riff off of when I run it. You never know, though. I have felt an increasing urge to return to the project.

If you're eager to read more conversation on it, I have a thread over at K&KA too. You might need to be a member, so sign up first.

Much like they way I do dungeons now, mostly it just scribbles beside the room I have drawn on the grid paper..

yes, been glancing at that post on K&KA.

Chainsaw wrote:

Caveman wrote:

I got the old AD&D Undermountain Mega-dungeon boxsets I and II, and there is so much missing, Levels, etc. But the theory is, not every room was keyed (coded, numbered), so it not as if every room needs to be done, this allows GM to fill in the blanks, which I think is a good idea., Makes the dungeon more personal to each individual GM and saves a lot of time structuring it, which helps creator.

Agreed.

Chainsaw wrote:

caveman wrote:

Q: So what is the history of the tower, foolsgave is under? (I might have missed that post, not sure).

No idea!

lol

Chainsaw wrote:

caveman wrote:

Again, no idea!

lol, worth a try, it a good idea, worth developing, I have a few dungeon maps I developing at present, if needed, I can randomly use one for this place.

4/07/2019 9:48 am  #103

caveman wrote:

Much like they way I do dungeons now, mostly it just scribbles beside the room I have drawn on the grid paper...

Yep. Whenever I run anything, I label the map as best I can.

caveman wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

caveman wrote:

Again, no idea!

lol, worth a try, it a good idea, worth developing, I have a few dungeon maps I developing at present, if needed, I can randomly use one for this place.

Have at it!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/08/2019 6:10 am  #104

Will do.

12/28/2021 5:44 pm  #105

Love the old school maps!

Na Chuba! Na Gita! Negatorie Na! Na! Natoota! 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.