!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2014 4:40 pm  #1

Pigeons From Hell

Pigeons From Hell is one of my favorite REH stories. It was adapted to film via Boris Karloff's Thriller. It's a pretty solid treatment, very close to the source material. If only this could be done with Conan...

Watch the whole movie!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/16/2014 4:55 pm  #2

Re: Pigeons From Hell

Fantastic. I will immediately send to my softball team. We're the Pigeons!

4/16/2014 9:01 pm  #3

Very nice.  Thanks for posting!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/18/2014 6:47 am  #4

I have that boxed set of Thriller. Some really great shows on there! Pigeons from Hell is really good, the black and white film lends a creepy atmosphere to the horror themed ones.

4/18/2014 6:58 am  #5

They really did a great job making the house very creepy.  Particularly in an era of low budgets and basic technology.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/18/2014 8:19 am  #6

Read the REH story if you ever have the chance -- it's one of his finest. It's also based on an event that had a profound impact on Howard's life from when he was a young man. There is also a graphic novel that was nicely done:

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/18/2014 9:35 am  #7

I rented this via Netflix a few years ago and enjoyed it quite a bit. Howard's original tale is a great read, though, and is well worth visiting.
Thanks for posting Ghul!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.