!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2019 6:07 pm  #1361

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

How far away is the tower/building from the stone?

2/11/2019 6:22 pm  #1362

You can't see it with Emral feeble lantern light. The night is a swallowing darkness.
But you know it must be 10 ft away, which means the red glow would be 5...

2/11/2019 7:37 pm  #1363

2/11/2019 8:41 pm  #1364

Lets go to the tower entrance

2/11/2019 8:42 pm  #1365

I don't want to look at a tombstone forever.

2/12/2019 7:09 am  #1366

Emral nods and leads them around the tombstone to the glow.

2/12/2019 1:42 pm  #1367

The unlikely team presses forward another 5 ft, and see rolled against the base of a second tombstone the bright red glow they are looking for. It emanates from a small fist-sized piece of glass.

Malak recognizes its shape upon sight as the strange glass that fell from the rotted leather sack he found unbeknownst to Emral on their prior visit to the rear of the church.

2/12/2019 2:08 pm  #1368

What do you make of this Emril

2/12/2019 3:26 pm  #1369

achiriaco wrote:

What do you make of this Emril

“Emral. With an A.” Emral had been deep in thought when Malak had asked, and he replied the first thing that came to his mind. Emral  paused for a beat before realizing he had said it out loud. He turned back to his friend and gave his best impression of a smile, hoping it won’t be even more awkward than saying nothing. Unfortunately he also continued, trying to be helpful. “It’s Em-Ral. Like Rahl, or Rollins. Not Ril like Frill. I feel like I’m being unkind not saying anything after everything we’ve been through together.” Again he made his smile-face, then cleared his throat and moved to the glowing glass.

“It looks like a magical glowing gem. Maybe it’s got something to do with the blood glyph on the rock?”

He bends down to get a closer look, and sees if there’s a place to put the lantern so he can pick up the glowing crystal.

2/12/2019 3:40 pm  #1370

[Ha! This site autocorrects Emral as Embroil and Malak as Malik - every single time I type it in!]

The prism shaped glass is a ruby. And standing over it, it is clear that its radiance is a pale red beam shining toward the fence and beyond to around 25 ft. and illuminating the falling snow about 5 ft wide at that terminus.

Unfortunately the grasses and the thickening snow would be unstable and this second stone is as the first- rough hewn.

2/12/2019 4:57 pm  #1371

Iron Ranger wrote:

[Ha! This site autocorrects Emral as Embroil and Malak as Malik - every single time I type it in!]

My phone remembers "Emral" but not my own name.  It does NOT remember Malak, but calls him Malcolm or Malarky every. single. time.

2/12/2019 4:57 pm  #1372

HAHAHAHA!

2/12/2019 8:44 pm  #1373

E. Hand me the Lantern

2/13/2019 6:58 am  #1374

Emral hands the lantern to Malak and then he picks up the gem.

2/13/2019 11:40 am  #1375

The pale beam of red light extinguishes. The ruby fits perfectly in Emral's palm.

2/13/2019 12:02 pm  #1376

What direction was the light pointing?

2/13/2019 12:03 pm  #1377

Sorry, was pointing toward where you were standing when you saw it outside the fence. Like at you. So what looked like radience was actually a beam of light in your eyes. Make sense?

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/13/2019 12:05 pm)

2/13/2019 1:16 pm  #1378

Does the red light ring any bells?  Like spells I've heard of or anything?  Do I hear any voices from within, like the voice of the priestess from my vision?

2/13/2019 1:21 pm  #1379

fireinthedust wrote:

Does the red light ring any bells?  Like spells I've heard of or anything?  Do I hear any voices from within, like the voice of the priestess from my vision?

Nope. But as with all things, Emral suspects magic afoot.

2/13/2019 6:21 pm  #1380

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Nope. But as with all things, Emral suspects magic afoot.

Emral puts the gem into his belt pouch and then takes his cloak hem and, walking over to the blood glyph, attempts to wipe it off the stone.

“If this kills me, get the ring of warmth and some supplies, and Olos map; and all the coins you can; and get back to civilization.”

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.