Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2019 9:31 am  #21

Re: Nightfall

lige wrote:

One containing a letter describing the gate that had been dismantled earlier accompanied by a map purporting to show the way to a wizards base of operation within a land of reptiles know as Torth, a second containing a magic user scroll and a letter imploring the finder to revenge the writer (apparently the wizard who had lived here) by slaying a traitorous apprentice named Praxigoras who had entombed him (promising an unspecified reward from the other side), and a third with two blank pieces of paper.

Still known to my players as "Dink Planet"! Also, trust me, BigPerm has never let me forget that at one point the druid tried to cast entangle and there were no plants nearby on this jungle planet.

Also, practice your headbanging and air-guitar licks for their first foray to Metal City!!

Great read, Lige. I like, too, that Nightfall is accompanied by the Hyperborean equivalent of a timeshare in Florida.

1/29/2019 3:19 pm  #22

Thanks for the kind words ghul, chainsaw and Handy!   The stars were right last week and we played another session.  I'll be posting a recap soon.   

@Handy That sounds like BigPerm!  Speaking of memories of "Dink Planet" last week in my other (AD&D) campaign, in reaction to their current in-game predicament, Jeff said "I miss Torth. You really knew where you stood on Torth."  

1/29/2019 4:49 pm  #23

lige wrote:

Thanks for the kind words ghul, chainsaw and Handy!   The stars were right last week and we played another session.  I'll be posting a recap soon.   

@Handy That sounds like BigPerm!  Speaking of memories of "Dink Planet" last week in my other (AD&D) campaign, in reaction to their current in-game predicament, Jeff said "I miss Torth. You really knew where you stood on Torth."  

Players. They always want the planet they're not on.

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2018 North Wind Adventures, LLC.