!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2019 2:31 pm  #61

Re: Gary Con XI (2019)

Handy Haversack wrote:

Chainsaw, I hope something changes at the last minute to allow you to attend.

Me too.  And, on the plus side, things have turned around at the last minute with previous cancellations, too!

Allan.

1/17/2019 3:53 pm  #62

Handy Haversack wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Hey man! We missed you. How's life?

It seems to persist despite our best efforts!

Good -- just busy all the time, it seems. These decadent urban lifestyle choices don't run themselves! I am, like all right-thinking people, vastly disappointed that you and Mabon won't be making it to GaryCon. We don't get out often enough to miss you all like this!

And Mabon, while congratulations are extended with joy, I mean, come on! Does your daughter hate us?

Honestly, I was so pissed off at how terribly GC communicated this year -- not a single e-mailed newsletter, and we do not use Facebook -- that I almost didn't put up a game. We missed out on buying Gold badges. Lige convinced me to go ahead and run one, though. But my blood's all angried up. You been warned.

I pretty sure she would love you guys. She is a nicer daughter than I deserve!  I can only imagine the storm that is Handy unleashed and am in a small way glad to miss that!  

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/17/2019 4:53 pm  #63

mabon5127 wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Hey man! We missed you. How's life?

It seems to persist despite our best efforts!

Good -- just busy all the time, it seems. These decadent urban lifestyle choices don't run themselves! I am, like all right-thinking people, vastly disappointed that you and Mabon won't be making it to GaryCon. We don't get out often enough to miss you all like this!

And Mabon, while congratulations are extended with joy, I mean, come on! Does your daughter hate us?

Honestly, I was so pissed off at how terribly GC communicated this year -- not a single e-mailed newsletter, and we do not use Facebook -- that I almost didn't put up a game. We missed out on buying Gold badges. Lige convinced me to go ahead and run one, though. But my blood's all angried up. You been warned.

I pretty sure she would love you guys. She is a nicer daughter than I deserve!  I can only imagine the storm that is Handy unleashed and am in a small way glad to miss that!  

You should be feeling bad for whatever poor DM we decide to pile in on without you around! "That's not how I remember it!"

1/17/2019 7:25 pm  #64

Looking forward to GC XI, but sad that there will be no Chainsaw or Mabon. So it goes...

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/17/2019 7:59 pm  #65

Next year, maybe!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/18/2019 8:47 am  #66

Chainsaw, want to add my and mordegast's AS&SH games to your master list?

Thursday
8am-12pm: The Black Moss-Hag of Lug (mordegast)
6pm-10pm: The Black Moss-Hag of Lug (mordegast)

Saturday
10am-2pm: The Black Moss-Hag of Lug (mordegast)

Sunday
12pm-4pm: The Meal of Oshregaal (Handy Haversack)

1/18/2019 8:49 am  #67

Sure!

1/18/2019 9:34 am  #68

You remain the bomb.

1/28/2019 10:17 am  #69

Hey Chainsaw, I have a game for your list.

Thursday
12pm-4pm: Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes (Zach Pierce)

There are still 3 seats open after the Gold ticket signups.

1/28/2019 7:26 pm  #70

Awesome! Hate that I am missing all of these gems. If you have a description, I'll add it too.

1/28/2019 9:20 pm  #71

Chainsaw wrote:

Awesome! Hate that I am missing all of these gems. If you have a description, I'll add it too.

Yeah, but we can try to re-create all this goodness in Texas!

2/02/2019 2:11 pm  #72

Woot! ... All registered for GC! .. Got into two AS&SH Events ... playing in one with Handy!

2/03/2019 10:27 am  #73

measuredrums wrote:

Woot! ... All registered for GC! .. Got into two AS&SH Events ... playing in one with Handy!

So am I! Wait, am I?

Three of the NYCrew are in that game with Bryan. I'm psyched -- prog rock and gaming are natural partners!

I'm in Ar'Pharazon's Thursday Krimmea game with most of the crew. Sorry, Ar'Pharazon! I'm sure you were looking forward to GaryCon until now!

And Guy Fullerton's in my Sunday game -- for the second year in a row. Poor Guy. Glutton for punishment.

We're also taking on the tourney!

Should be a blast. Looking forward to seeing all of you! Well, ALMOST all of you!

2/03/2019 7:26 pm  #74

Handy Haversack wrote:

I'm in Ar'Pharazon's Thursday Krimmea game with most of the crew. Sorry, Ar'Pharazon! I'm sure you were looking forward to GaryCon until now!

What's that Gn'R line.. "Welcome to the jungle baby.. you're gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

lol, looking forward to playing with you and the crew. 

2/04/2019 6:16 pm  #75

Hey measuredrums, that's my MCC game you're in.
I'm looking forward to meeting some of the Hyperboreans there.  I wasn't able to get into an AS&SH game, but I'm running Ghost Ship and saw a couple familiar names in the sign up.

2/05/2019 1:41 pm  #76

under_score wrote:

Hey measuredrums, that's my MCC game you're in.
I'm looking forward to meeting some of the Hyperboreans there.  I wasn't able to get into an AS&SH game, but I'm running Ghost Ship and saw a couple familiar names in the sign up.

Looking forward to your MCC game under_score. I'll actually being playing with three buddies of mine that were part of my old game crew from back in the 80's. We've all semi-recently reconnected as far as gaming goes, and decided this trip to Gary Con will become an annual reunion to relive the glory days (we all live in different places now). We're playing in 4 events together; your MCC game, also an AS&SH, Top Secret:NWO, and a CoC game. Should be a blast.

p.s. I may be running a bit late to your MCC game (hopefully not), I'll be finishing up an AS&SH game right beforehand ... I'll boogie over asap though ... your game is B Forum (Back), the AS&SH is A Forum (Back), so they're pretty close.

2/11/2019 3:09 pm  #77

To all the Hyperboreans attending Gary Con next month!  If you're still looking for a game on Thursday from 10 till 4, there are seats available for Event #55 - The Orichalcum Vault

https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-xi/schedule/55

Looking forward to meeting some of you in Lake Geneva!

Behold! The Wizard.
Beware his powers!
UNSPEAKABLE POWERS!

2/13/2019 1:27 pm  #78

Hey, anyone need a ride? MKE --> LGG, 3/6 10:30 AM.

We are landing Wed. at 10:16 AM out of an excess of paranoia about weather delays and airline disinterest once again screwing us over. But assuming all goes as planned, we have reserved a shuttle from MKE to the LGG for 10:30 AM. There is plenty of room if anyone wants to join in to share costs.

+1 person: $30 ea.
+2 people: $25 ea.
+3 people: $20 ea.

&c &c.

Let me know!

2/27/2019 2:30 pm  #79

This time next week, Gizmo and I will be rolling into Lake Geneva.

3/01/2019 11:21 am  #80

francisca wrote:

This time next week, Gizmo and I will be rolling into Lake Geneva.

Any chance you can prep my game or cure my cold for me before you leave?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.