!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2019 8:51 pm  #981

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I look back at Emril and say:
"Hey Emril, bring those protection scrolls with you, We may need them! I am scared" 

1/14/2019 9:36 pm  #982

Ooc: brings scrolls.

1/14/2019 10:10 pm  #983

Proceed carefully and close together.
Get ready

1/15/2019 11:51 am  #984

What direction is the passage? And can we see the bottom?

1/15/2019 1:02 pm  #985

What's a good way to send a photo or post it here?  I don't want to use my illustrator Instagram for a rough map; happy to do so for a polished one, but I'm checking the scale.

1/15/2019 1:04 pm  #986

1/15/2019 5:48 pm  #987

I proceed down

1/15/2019 6:20 pm  #988

Emral goes after, giving him space to work and to jump back if needed.

1/15/2019 9:00 pm  #989

Proceeding

1/16/2019 11:58 am  #990

The extremely narrow passageway is cut from within the exterior wall, descending twice as steep as a normal stair, so you watch your balance in this constricting place. It descends back toward the front of the church for 10ft depth in 5ft distance.  There is an opening below leading back underneath the church into darkness.

As Emral descends - the door behind him slams shut!

1/16/2019 12:07 pm  #991

fireinthedust wrote:

This is very close.
The chapel is 40 x 40. the pulpit is 20 ft across in the center of the back wall so would align with the courtyard behind.
The Kitchen is only 10 x 20 ft. so it would not be behind the pulpit at all.
Yes the hard line graveyard fix on the right is correct - it doesn't align with edge of the church. but the tombstones are equally distributed among the grasses. and the left side mirrors the right in relation to the building. so more like:

________
         |               |
         |               |
--------                --------

1/16/2019 12:25 pm  #992

Proceed!

1/16/2019 2:59 pm  #993

(gasp!)

"Is there a room in front of us? The door behind us is closed. Probably... the possessor of the skeletons. Let's get into the room in front of us."

proceeds along behind Malak.

1/16/2019 3:22 pm  #994

Iron Ranger wrote:

This is very close.
The chapel is 40 x 40. the pulpit is 20 ft across in the center of the back wall so would align with the courtyard behind.
Yes the hard line graveyard fix on the right is correct - it doesn't align with edge of the church. but the tombstones are equally distributed among the grasses. and the left side mirrors the right in relation to the building. so more like:

________
         |               |
         |               |

Cool! 
1) is the door we’re going through in the right place, and then we have been going past it to get to the kitchen?
2) how many graves are there? I was going for stylized but it’s probably better to keep it useful for us.
I’m going to put letters and numbers on the next version so we can communicate more precisely.

1/16/2019 3:51 pm  #995

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

This is very close.

________
         |               |
         |               |

Cool!
1) is the door we’re going through in the right place, and then we have been going past it to get to the kitchen?
2) how many graves are there? I was going for stylized but it’s probably better to keep it useful for us.
I’m going to put letters and numbers on the next version so we can communicate more precisely.

The doorway on the right in the chapel leads opens to the kitchen is burned out, the door is gone.
The burned door that just closed behind you in the kitchen is on the right wall near the corner close to fireplace.

You guys only saw a handful of stones through the tall grasses near the fence, couldn't give you a full count without exploring inside the fence....

1/16/2019 4:39 pm  #996

So would the door be in approx. K4?
And the graveyard is F, g, h, i, rows 2 & 3?
and is the bell tower about D&E, rows 6&7?

1/16/2019 4:51 pm  #997

fireinthedust wrote:

So would the door be in approx. K4?
And the graveyard is F, g, h, i, rows 2 & 3?
and is the bell tower about D&E, rows 6&7?

1. Yes
2. more like  0.5 - 3 maybe a foot or two onto E and J
3. belltower was inside that courtyard, and didn't look like full 10ft(maybe 6 or 7) more F & half of G
4. Also the harp was on the floor, not up on the pulpit.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (1/16/2019 4:53 pm)

1/16/2019 5:20 pm  #998

This is great. Love the visuals...
What is in front of me?
"Hold me Emiril..."

1/16/2019 7:01 pm  #999

Emral was caught off guard, and unsure how to proceed.

“Oh wait you mean your belt! So I can pull you up if you find trouble? That makes waaaay more sense. Sure!”

Last edited by fireinthedust (1/16/2019 7:02 pm)

1/16/2019 7:33 pm  #1000

Feeling the tug on my belt. I proceed. What is in front of us?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.