!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2018 8:41 pm  #21

Re: Roll20 Online Gaming Tools

under_score wrote:

Not if you have the grid turned on.  The grid will automatically size your tokens to the grid square, so multiple tokens in one square will stack rather than sit side by side.

OK, cool. Knowing that saves me a lot of time. Thanks man.

Edit: I suppose I could upload an image of a grid, turn the real grid off and size the tokens to fit however I wanted. I'll give it a shot.

Last edited by Chainsaw (10/04/2018 8:42 pm)

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

10/05/2018 12:10 pm  #22

Yeah, there's a certain pain in choosing 5' squares vs 10'.

By having 5' squares I can have 2 abreast in a 10' corridor the way gygax intended for my roll20 games.

It does make the maps a bit weird when mapped on graph paper but I have lots of large sheets that can work. One could also just tape many letter sized sheets together as well.

What? Me worry?

10/05/2018 12:22 pm  #23

gizmomathboy wrote:

Yeah, there's a certain pain in choosing 5' squares vs 10'.

By having 5' squares I can have 2 abreast in a 10' corridor the way gygax intended for my roll20 games.

It does make the maps a bit weird when mapped on graph paper but I have lots of large sheets that can work. One could also just tape many letter sized sheets together as well.

I'm thinking I'll upload a graph paper image as my background (someone can draw the map on it), zoom in a little, drop the integrated grid and then re-size the tokens so that two can fit in one square. Or at least that's what I'm thinking at the moment, before actually attempting it! Haha!

10/05/2018 1:28 pm  #24

You can make the Roll 20 grid transparent or near transparent in the page settings.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

10/08/2018 2:17 pm  #25

I have 10 ft squares native within the map before I upload it, and then turn on Roll20's grid at 3.33 ft per square. 

this gives a bold 10 ft grid that serves only a visual purpose, while the grid that everything snaps to (and is the only grid Roll20 is "recognizing") gives me 3 man-sized characters abreast.  

10/08/2018 2:32 pm  #26

EOTB wrote:

I have 10 ft squares native within the map before I upload it, and then turn on Roll20's grid at 3.33 ft per square. 

this gives a bold 10 ft grid that serves only a visual purpose, while the grid that everything snaps to (and is the only grid Roll20 is "recognizing") gives me 3 man-sized characters abreast.  

Thanks man. I will give that a shot.

2/04/2019 6:22 pm  #27

Hey, just gonna bump this to let folks know that through the wonderful AS&SH MeWe community, the Roll20 character sheet I created got a major upgrade by Rom Elwell.  There are now attack rolls built into the weapons section that show the AC hit and damage done, saving throws got individual rollers per category incorporating the class bonuses, and the gems & jewelry section of the inventory is now expandable.  It's a pretty great improvement and I appreciate the additional help.

2/04/2019 8:05 pm  #28

under_score wrote:

Hey, just gonna bump this to let folks know that through the wonderful AS&SH MeWe community, the Roll20 character sheet I created got a major upgrade by Rom Elwell.  There are now attack rolls built into the weapons section that show the AC hit and damage done, saving throws got individual rollers per category incorporating the class bonuses, and the gems & jewelry section of the inventory is now expandable.  It's a pretty great improvement and I appreciate the additional help.

Terrific! A few of my Roll20 players have been using this sheet, so the added functionality should benefit them.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.