!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2017 10:44 pm  #1

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Curious to get people's thoughts on it. I have mixed feelings about it as there are parts I thought were great but have issues with certain scenes and story lines. 

12/20/2017 11:50 pm  #2

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I was disappointed that million dollar script writers had to invent setting-breaking technology just to give Finn something to do. 

9/28/2018 9:40 pm  #3

Ugh!

9/28/2018 10:08 pm  #4

I swore I was done with Star Wars after the garbage fire of the prequels, but I let myself get dragged back in. I thought TFA and Rogue One were mediocre, and TLJ was terrible. I haven't seen Solo and probably won't. Enough is enough.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/28/2018 10:13 pm  #5

Blackadder23 wrote:

I swore I was done with Star Wars after the garbage fire of the prequels, but I let myself get dragged back in. I thought TFA and Rogue One were mediocre, and TLJ was terrible. I haven't seen Solo and probably won't. Enough is enough.

Yeah. I feel you.
I actually enjoyed Rogue 1 but the Saga episodes are a sub-par.
Disney never should have been given the Star Wars Franchise. What a Joke!

9/28/2018 10:13 pm  #6

It was dead at Empire. 

Switch back.

9/29/2018 7:04 am  #7

Blackadder23 wrote:

Solo is not good.

9/30/2018 6:33 am  #8

I enjoyed 'Rogue 1,' as it was the first truly serious SW film I seen, though the first one, (that is the forth one) was serious also (mostly) before the films turned into a joke more than a story. The next three (the first three) were farces, though good actors, but they kept ruining it by trying to add humour, which does not work well...

The Last Jedi film was horrific, bad story plot, if the rebels keep making a farce out of the Force, they deserve to lose, they near killed each other to the last droid without the Evil Empire to help matters!

Darth at end of Rogue 1 was fantastic...

Last, starting to groan inside at the female heroines, if this keeps happening, my male ego will plummet and start to become very angry. See if they can feel the hate from the far side of the cosmos with that one?

May the Force be with the Evil Empire...!

9/30/2018 7:42 am  #9

I strongly disliked The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi (maybe even the horrific prequels were better?!?) but thought Rogue One and Solo were good enough for my rental dollars. They had flaws to be sure and certainly aren't in the same league as Star Wars or Empire (should go without saying), but ultimately were perfectly fine, rentable one-offs in the same universe, in my opinion.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

10/01/2018 9:43 pm  #10

I actually enjoyed Solo, as I viewed it knowing most of Han's canon had been fleshed out, and the movie was simply bringing it to life. 
I saw TLJ again when it was released on Netflix. While I no longer have the passionate hate for it I once did, I still don't like it one bit, especially the Mary Poppins scene. 

10/01/2018 10:25 pm  #11

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

I actually enjoyed Solo, as I viewed it knowing most of Han's canon had been fleshed out, and the movie was simply bringing it to life. 
I saw TLJ again when it was released on Netflix. While I no longer have the passionate hate for it I once did, I still don't like it one bit, especially the Mary Poppins scene. 

Wow. I thought I was the only one who referenced that scene as a Mary Poppins moment?

10/02/2018 7:52 am  #12

achiriaco wrote:

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Wow. I thought I was the only one who referenced that scene as a Mary Poppins moment?

Now I'm tempted to watch just to guess which scene is the Mary Poppins scene!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

10/02/2018 9:41 am  #13

mabon5127 wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

It won't be difficult; it's a "laugh out loud" moment if I ever saw one.

However, much like Jar-Jar and the prequels, the "Mary Poppins scene" is the least of what's wrong with TLJ. The overall problems with writing, direction, and pacing are more annoying than any other aspect.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

10/02/2018 2:04 pm  #14

Blackadder23 wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

However, much like Jar-Jar and the prequels, the "Mary Poppins scene" is the least of what's wrong with TLJ. The overall problems with writing, direction, and pacing are more annoying than any other aspect.

+1.
I should also give TLJ props in one regard, as it's a visually compelling movie (most of the time). The fight scene in Snoke's chamber, the scenes on the salt planet, and the scene where dude fights Phasma are all glorious to the eye.

10/03/2018 6:52 am  #15

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

+1.
I should also give TLJ props in one regard, as it's a visually compelling movie (most of the time). The fight scene in Snoke's chamber, the scenes on the salt planet, and the scene where dude fights Phasma are all glorious to the eye.

Personally; much like "Empire Strikes Back!" I cannot comprehend why small fighters planes fly directly at the walkers' guns at the front, of cert construction; instead of flying wide and attacking from side and back. Shouting at the Screen, that they suicidal morons, just annoys me...

10/08/2018 12:06 pm  #16

Caveman wrote:

Personally; much like "Empire Strikes Back!" I cannot comprehend why small fighters planes fly directly at the walkers' guns at the front, of cert construction; instead of flying wide and attacking from side and back. Shouting at the Screen, that they suicidal morons, just annoys me...

That's a good point, but it really sounds like you watched "Brave Little Tailor" way too many times when you were a kid. 

10/08/2018 6:51 pm  #17

Can't remember which movie it was, but how about when that one ship jammed on the brakes and did a 180? I thought I was watching Dukes of Hazzard all over again! Yee-haw!

10/08/2018 10:01 pm  #18

Iron Ranger wrote:

Can't remember which movie it was, but how about when that one ship jammed on the brakes and did a 180? I thought I was watching Dukes of Hazzard all over again! Yee-haw!

That made me lol! 

Brave Little Tailor is the Disney cartoon where Mickey plays the tailor and defeats the giant by sewing him up to the point of where he falls. 

10/09/2018 6:45 am  #19

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Caveman wrote:

That's a good point, but it really sounds like you watched "Brave Little Tailor" way too many times when you were a kid. 

Naw, not know film/program... ;)

Just cannot abide useless death! 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.