!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2018 2:54 pm  #41

Re: Eldritch Tales: Lovecraftian White Box Role-Playing

Yeah BA, but it was to copy text more to files, it is so easy to quickly copy text, but true, it should work well for pictures.

Cheers...

Yeah, did a test (got Photoshop 10, it a good program, was I got use to it), got one map, had to do in four parts and join, but it did work, with not much noticeable pixel distortion!

9/18/2018 3:36 pm  #42

Random Occupation chart: page 57.

States Psychology, instead of Psychologist.  

9/21/2018 8:24 am  #43

Converted from CoC

Scry Scripture
Spell
Level: 1
Learn Spell: +0
Casting Time: 15 minutes
Spell Check: Intelligence -1
Range: Self
Duration: The time it take to read one book/scroll, etc.
Failure: He becomes blind for 1d6 hours, if he is previously blind, there is no effect. A temporary blinded character (caused by failing to cast this spell) who attempts to cast his spell again and fails will have their eyeballs tore from their head and destroyed; disintegrating into a grey dust.

Allows the caster to read writing in the dark, or to read when blind. The caster must know how to interpret the symbols to begin with; this spell does not teach languages. The writing appears plainly before the caster, the words seemingly graven in space; but is actually in his mind. An ordinary hand motion turns the page or rolls out the scroll. The spell requires the caster to be touching the desired book or other unit of writing. To read a new book requires a new Scry Scripture to be cast. 

Last edited by Caveman (9/21/2018 8:25 am)

9/21/2018 2:00 pm  #44

Tradesman Page: 66, has a specialties/skill called 'Repair,' but there is no such skill.

Do we replace it or ignore it?

9/26/2018 11:47 am  #45

Hi guys,
Sorry for my slow response here, been away with the wife!

I will look into copy/paste for the next version and thanks for noting the irregularities I'll make sure they get corrected!

For the Tradesman, Repair is a holdover from an earlier MS. At the moment I think we'll allow them to choose 2 Trades.

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

9/26/2018 11:49 am  #46

Caveman wrote:

Converted from CoC

Scry Scripture
Spell
Level: 1
Learn Spell: +0
Casting Time: 15 minutes
Spell Check: Intelligence -1
Range: Self
Duration: The time it take to read one book/scroll, etc.
Failure: He becomes blind for 1d6 hours, if he is previously blind, there is no effect. A temporary blinded character (caused by failing to cast this spell) who attempts to cast his spell again and fails will have their eyeballs tore from their head and destroyed; disintegrating into a grey dust.

Allows the caster to read writing in the dark, or to read when blind. The caster must know how to interpret the symbols to begin with; this spell does not teach languages. The writing appears plainly before the caster, the words seemingly graven in space; but is actually in his mind. An ordinary hand motion turns the page or rolls out the scroll. The spell requires the caster to be touching the desired book or other unit of writing. To read a new book requires a new Scry Scripture to be cast. 

I like this quite a bit! Nice work!

9/27/2018 2:13 pm  #47

joseph wrote:

Hi guys,
Sorry for my slow response here, been away with the wife!

I will look into copy/paste for the next version and thanks for noting the irregularities I'll make sure they get corrected!

For the Tradesman, Repair is a holdover from an earlier MS. At the moment I think we'll allow them to choose 2 Trades.

Hope you enjoyed your holiday...

Cheers Joseph, that would be great!

Okay two trades it is …

And thank for your opinion on spell, if you want to use it, feel free!

Was wondering, are you planning more spells (Book of Spells, etc?), as I did for lack of better word, love the Call/Contact spells, etc. with plenty of Summoning spells and Binding spells, of course, you might think this is extreme; with to many world destroyer spells and plan to keep it simple with only a few less powerful summoning spells?

2/09/2019 7:51 am  #48

Hello Everyone,
Print On Demand versions of Eldritch Tales were recently released and the referee screen/reference sheets will be available soon!

Grab the POD/PDF over at RPGNow!
https://www.rpgnow.com/product/250356/Eldritch-Tales-Lovecraftian-White-Box-RolePlaying

2/09/2019 7:53 am  #49

Caveman - I'm not planning a book of spells, per se, but new sorcery and eldritch tomes will certainly appear in upcoming products - zines, adventures, etc.

2/10/2019 5:58 pm  #50

joseph wrote:

Hello Everyone,
Print On Demand versions of Eldritch Tales were recently released and the referee screen/reference sheets will be available soon!

https://www.rpgnow.com/product/250356/Eldritch-Tales-Lovecraftian-White-Box-RolePlaying

Nice!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

2/11/2019 6:04 am  #51

joseph wrote:

Caveman - I'm not planning a book of spells, per se, but new sorcery and eldritch tomes will certainly appear in upcoming products - zines, adventures, etc.

Spellbook: I probably create my own in ten years from now, there is no rush.

Good stuff, I wait patiently, I truly enjoying the game.

2/12/2019 9:50 am  #52

Caveman wrote:

joseph wrote:

Spellbook: I probably create my own in ten years from now, there is no rush.

Good stuff, I wait patiently, I truly enjoying the game.

Happy to hear that!

2/12/2019 3:40 pm  #53

joseph wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Good stuff!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.