!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2018 6:04 pm  #21

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The starving dogs scatter as you enter the alley. Lamplight emits from behind closed shutters in the various shanties. Harl the drunk remains in his stupor near the open air chamberpot. Clouds have eased in and a light drizzle moistens your blouse. Your room is just ahead. "Going off to bed early, Malak?" croaks a voice behind you. You turn and see a small band of men, quite stealthy bastards. They each wear a red sash over their eyes but the speaker is Reen, you'd recognize that cutthroat anywhere. "Where's our taste of that lil jingle in your pocket?"

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/10/2019 11:08 am)

9/18/2018 9:28 pm  #22

"I've got something better than a taste..." I throw a dagger right at his torso

9/18/2018 10:25 pm  #23

achiriaco wrote:

After the Priest and his Acolytes move away I quietly follow, stuffing the coins and babbles in my pouch.

And thus the pouch of babbles is born, a new and cursed magic item in Castle Greyhawk (grodog's version)! :D

Allan.

9/18/2018 10:58 pm  #24

"Look out! He's got a knife!" yells one of the red masks bandits.
Roll a d20 and a d4.

9/18/2018 11:08 pm  #25

1d20 = 19
1d4 = 4

9/18/2018 11:13 pm  #26

Reen takes your dagger in the heart and slumps to the ground. The other bandits flee back down the alley. Reen moans, trying to decide whether he should remove your dagger or not.

9/18/2018 11:21 pm  #27

I remove the dagger and wipe it on his shirt.

9/19/2018 5:05 pm  #28

Reen's eyes glaze over as the majority of his lifeblood is pumped through the wound.

Give yourself 20 XP + 20 XP + 20 XP + 20 XP (80 XP)

The downpour has grown steady and you are getting soaked.

9/19/2018 11:52 pm  #29

I pull him into the shadows and lean him against the wall. I look through his pockets and then go to my room.

9/20/2018 8:58 pm  #30

His pockets reveal 3 peas and a spare wooden button.

As soon as your head hits the straw pillow you feel the heavy weight of gravity pull you into slumber. Try as you might to keep one eye open against Reen retribution you startle to loud banging on the flimsy door.

And through its cracks - the weak sun tries to light the sky.

9/20/2018 9:15 pm  #31

I walk to the door the and open it.

9/21/2018 8:53 am  #32

It's Olo the acolyte. He's dressed for travel. A thick wool frock, small backpack, waterskin hanging from his shoulder. A long slender walking Staff.

"I thought you would be more anxious to depart. This opportunity is great and Priest will reward you greatly. We start from the mercantiles' road, but soon travel the forgotten trails. Shankshill lies west."

He turns and walks off.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (9/21/2018 8:55 am)

9/21/2018 9:39 am  #33

"Olo, wait for me...."
I gather my things and head out after him.

9/21/2018 10:34 pm  #34

It rains for three days. The old trails are overgrown and passage is difficult. Olo consults his aged maps often, cursing the rain, the mud, the mission, and you.

Finally, you emerge from the wood onto a narrow road. You pause at a weathered wooden sign that is craved with the symbol for plague.

"Shankshill, at last," says Olo.

A league more and the road widens into an open space. Old, charred lumber litters the area where structures and livestock pens once stood. The only building still standing is the Church.

Olo pulls from his pack a small braided bit of yawn tied around the nub of a shorn foot of a rabbit. "Good luck," he says. "I can go no further. The priest awaits news of your discoveries."

9/21/2018 10:46 pm  #35

Did we pass any settlements?

9/21/2018 11:00 pm  #36

I am thinking twice about going in this place alone

9/22/2018 10:28 am  #37

Malak needs to go hire some henchmen

9/22/2018 10:51 am  #38

achiriaco wrote:

Did we pass any settlements?

No, Olo led you here using the old unused trails. The village of Shankshill fell to plague, remember? New settlements were made far from it.

9/22/2018 10:53 am  #39

achiriaco wrote:

I am thinking twice about going in this place alone

achiriaco wrote:

Malak needs to go hire some henchmen

Maybe you shouldn't allow Olo to leave?

9/22/2018 11:23 am  #40

Olo, get back over here!!!

Last edited by achiriaco (9/22/2018 11:24 am)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.