!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2018 10:17 am  #1

Ronin on Hyperborea

Wanted to develop a convention game that had the players as Japanese Samurai (mostly) that had escaped the murder of their Lord, stolen a ship, and sailed North until enveloped by the Aurora Borealis ending up in you know where.

I had toyed with creating a new Samurai class or simply using Cataphract.  For those with a better knowledge of this great warrior class I was hoping for some input!

Thanks

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

6/28/2018 12:34 pm  #2

Re: Ronin on Hyperborea

For starting flavor, I highly recommend you peruse the setting material in Joseph Salvador's "Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess". Lemuria practically functions as our own sort of Oriental Adventures.  

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

6/28/2018 1:03 pm  #3

Ghul wrote:

For starting flavor, I highly recommend you peruse the setting material in Joseph Salvador's "Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess". Lemuria practically functions as our own sort of Oriental Adventures.  

Good Call.  I was thinking this would be a good place for the characters to end up as they are similar racially and culturally. The stranded Ronin would have sophisticated equipment compared to the (now) more primitive Lemurians. Luckily, they came over before gunpowder weapons saw widespread use!  Although having a couple BOOM sticks with limited powder may be fun.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

6/28/2018 3:05 pm  #4

Ghul wrote:

This is a great supplement that offers a lot of value; one could expand the material into an entire campaign. I would love to see more in this vein.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.