!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/11/2018 7:37 am  #1

Hmmm...underground temp...

I'm wondering what would be the underground temperature of hyperborea, not near a volcano, just the "average dungeon/ruin that is below ground...
Any thoughts?

6/11/2018 8:49 am  #2

Re: Hmmm...underground temp...

On old Earth a geothermal heating unit pulls from a pretty consistent 55 degrees. Hyperborea has a slightly cooler sun and a completely different "core" dynamic.  Not being a geologist or scientist I would use a slightly cooler 50-55 degrees.  Wear your coat in the dungeon, but still not as bad as the top of Mt. Vhuurmithadon!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

6/11/2018 10:14 am  #3

Yeah, I am leaning towards that, just curious and enjoy the input! Thanks!

6/14/2018 12:17 pm  #4

Seems like a good place to spend the winter years!

6/14/2018 12:50 pm  #5

Underborea is kept warm by the impulse drive engines placed their by an ancient sect of Hyperborean Witch Kings. It keeps the oddly formed "planetary fragment" from losing proper orientation wrt to the red, swollen star it orbits.

Or, it's kept warm by the monstrous bodies of the 7 elephants upon which it rests....

I could go on...but the margins of this medium limits my reply...

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.