!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2018 5:34 pm  #1

Lawful Evil Monk wants to worship Kthulhu

How would that work out? A lawful dude wants to follow an utmost chaotic deity. This looks very "Elric" to me. How would you interpret this situation?

I also have a CG Cataphract who wants to worship the lawful deity Artemis. 

4/19/2018 5:58 pm  #2

Re: Lawful Evil Monk wants to worship Kthulhu

I would say that although the monk and his brotherhood follow a disciplined, Lawful path, they pay obeisance to Kthulhu as an appeasement of sorts -- the tenets of their strict society teach the common men and women to obey their rule and their religion; otherwise, Kthulhu (an embodiment of Chaos) will awaken from his deepest slumbers to lay waste to all.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/19/2018 8:52 pm  #3

Great answer Ghul, thanks!

As for the CG dude worshiping Artemis, I'll consider him as a heretical or kinda "protestant" follower the deity, who takes a more flexible and free version of the official worship.

4/20/2018 12:05 am  #4

Thank you for weighing in on this, Ghul, I've wondered the same thing .

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.