Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

Check out our latest Kickstarter campaign!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2018 12:39 pm  #121

Re: Inspiring Metal Music

I was listening to these two bands while reading my new AS&SH hardback.   I could've sworn it was 1982 and I was in my old bedroom reading my newly purchased Dungeon Masters Guide.

Blue Snaggletooth

Prophets of Saturn

3/04/2018 5:57 pm  #122

Demiurge - these are great!

The guys below have supplied the soundtrack of my life for the past decade, their name says it all:

Last edited by Dwindle (3/04/2018 9:07 pm)

4/03/2018 10:57 am  #123

This is classic power metal, yet brand new!:

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

4/03/2018 5:26 pm  #124

Ghul - it's uncanny that you posted the LUCIFER'S HAMMER video this morning. I literally tripped over them last night while painting minis and YouTubing through some various metal channels. I was certainly intrigued. They kept my attention for quite a while. Great sounding 'old school' metal from a relatively new band - and from Chile to boot. \m/ 

"We're always creating rules in the tacit pursuit of verisimilitude. This is a valid and noble pursuit.
But for some of us, that's a false idol. We harken to a different song." - Frank Mentzer, 2017

4/04/2018 5:40 am  #125

I dig it. They sound good. I'm loving the Latin metal these days. There's been a pretty big resurgence. Jose Mangin from Sirius Satellite Radio has been pushing it quite a bit.

4/13/2018 9:55 am  #126

ACCEPT is still amazing:

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

4/15/2018 3:45 am  #127

Ghul wrote:

ACCEPT is still amazing:

We listened to this album a lot when I was playing AD&D in 7th Grade.  Still awesome!

4/15/2018 6:06 am  #128

lige wrote:

Ghul wrote:

ACCEPT is still amazing:

We listened to this album a lot when I was playing AD&D in 7th Grade.  Still awesome!

Indeed. It was pretty popular in my circles, too.

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2018 North Wind Adventures, LLC.