!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2018 10:20 pm  #1

The Terror

Decent slow burn historical fiction horror story on AMC set in the Arctic circa 1840. It has mounting desperation, biting cold, and Esquimaux, hinting at cannibalism and wendigo in the future. 

Last edited by Brock Savage (3/27/2018 10:21 pm)

3/28/2018 6:32 am  #2

Re: The Terror

Cool, I'll check it out when home from work...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

3/28/2018 8:03 am  #3

Brock Savage wrote:

Decent slow burn historical fiction horror story on AMC set in the Arctic circa 1840. It has mounting desperation, biting cold, and Esquimaux, hinting at cannibalism and wendigo in the future. 

Awesome! I saw the preview for this one and thought, “Probably too good to be true,” so I’m happy to be wrong so far. I’ll check it out tonight.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/28/2018 11:22 am  #4

Funny, we started watching it last night on OnDemand but the fastforward feature was disabled, which I find maddening, so I found the repeat of the first episode on my guide, and then set it up to tape the series going forward. I look forward to this! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/28/2018 12:19 pm  #5

I read the book several years ago, and thought it was pretty good. I don't know if I can be bothered to watch another TV show though; I think we watch too many as it is.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

3/28/2018 1:28 pm  #6

Haven't watched Episode 1 yet, but the TiVo is all ready to record it all ... This is totally going to make me want to break out the old Pagan Publishing CoC 'Walker in the Wastes' campaign (maybe a conversion to AS&SH ... hmmmm?) ... so stoked for this though.

3/29/2018 6:13 am  #7

Watched first two episodes last night and thought they were great. Worth watching if you have time for TV. 

4/01/2018 12:35 am  #8

Thanks, Brock.  It looks quite interesting.  I've got it set to record and will give it a shot in the coming evenings when the kids are asleep.

4/02/2018 12:40 pm  #9

A Crazy think, is this was based on Real Events... I remember reading it in History. the Boats that disapeardedin Canada and that they found them in 2014

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/09/british-ship-1845-franklin-expedition-found-canada

Last edited by BlackKnight (4/02/2018 12:41 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

4/02/2018 1:16 pm  #10

BlackKnight wrote:

A Crazy think, is this was based on Real Events... I remember reading it in History. the Boats that disapeardedin Canada and that they found them in 2014

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/09/british-ship-1845-franklin-expedition-found-canada

I resisted reading the fictional book upon which the show is based but the real-life details of the Franklin expedition are fascinating and worth a read. 

6/24/2020 7:16 pm  #11

And this one's going back in the queue for this weekend. 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.