!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2018 9:31 am  #21

Re: Gizmo's Bindery

fantastic!

2/02/2018 9:44 am  #22

Caveman wrote:

fantastic!

INORITE!?

The fucking awesome art is just so damn awesome. I bound the first edition and used some Frazetta art for the covers and I still think these are better.

What? Me worry?

2/02/2018 11:17 am  #23

Wow, Jeff could do worse than at least look at your handiwork...

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

2/02/2018 11:48 am  #24

rhialto wrote:

Wow, Jeff could do worse than at least look at your handiwork...

Oh, he has seen my first attempts.

What? Me worry?

2/03/2018 9:16 am  #25

gizmomathboy wrote:

Caveman wrote:

fantastic!

INORITE!?

The fucking awesome art is just so damn awesome. I bound the first edition and used some Frazetta art for the covers and I still think these are better.

Yes, indeed, I use a lot of Frank's art when I can for a lot of the PDFs I create!

2/23/2018 8:59 am  #26

I finally finished putting covers on the last 3 volumes.

Here are all the volumes in their completed state:

Last edited by gizmomathboy (2/23/2018 9:00 am)

What? Me worry?

2/23/2018 9:01 am  #27

What? Me worry?

2/23/2018 9:01 am  #28

What? Me worry?

2/23/2018 9:03 am  #29

What? Me worry?

2/23/2018 9:03 am  #30

What? Me worry?

2/23/2018 9:04 am  #31

What? Me worry?

2/23/2018 9:05 am  #32

I had to get a little creative with the cover of this one since there wasn't any art specifically for it.

What? Me worry?

2/23/2018 9:11 am  #33

I'm a bit amazed that my stack of individual volumes is about the same size as the awesome hardback. I'm guessing the hard cover thickness is where the biggest difference comes from.

Of course mine don't have the awesome book marks and such. The goal is to have table copies I don't need to worry about getting beat up. Hell, I don't care if they get annotated either. :-)

As for conventions and such I plan on using the pdfs to save on weight and bulk.

As I've written previously, it's really easy to have these look so good because the original artwork and care that Ghul, and DMPrata, and the rest have put into this project.

What? Me worry?

2/24/2018 8:03 am  #34

Wow, those are superlative: I'd be delighted with something similar when Jeff gets around to the Player's HB, or whatnot. Of course, whatever form it takes I'll be on board. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."

2/24/2018 10:25 am  #35

rhialto wrote:

Wow, those are superlative: I'd be delighted with something similar when Jeff gets around to the Player's HB, or whatnot. Of course, whatever form it takes I'll be on board. 

Yeah, I think breaking it two books would be great. However, I have the capability to do this but would definitely be interested in buying at least one Players manual.

I can't recall if in the original printing if the Players manual was sold separate. Also, if there was sufficient sales of such to justify that effort.

What? Me worry?

2/24/2018 11:06 am  #36

gizmomathboy wrote:

rhialto wrote:

Yeah, I think breaking it two books would be great. However, I have the capability to do this but would definitely be interested in buying at least one Players manual.

I can't recall if in the original printing if the Players manual was sold separate. Also, if there was sufficient sales of such to justify that effort.

Yes, I bought several AS&SH 1e Player's Manuals for my group, which we still use. I started printing out the 2e from home, but it's just not the same.

2/24/2018 10:27 pm  #37

Beautiful work, Joe! :D

rhialto wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Yes, I bought several AS&SH 1e Player's Manuals for my group, which we still use. I started printing out the 2e from home, but it's just not the same.

I only bought one or two, in case I decided to run ASSH for my kids.  Since Henry (our nine-year-old) started reading _The Hour of the Dragon_, we'll see how that goes, and whether they want to visit Hyperborea anytime soon :D

Allan.

2/25/2018 6:33 pm  #38

I broke out our label maker to add a finishing touch to the spines

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.