!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2018 4:25 pm  #21

Re: HYPERBOREA: Beasts and Cannibals

Thrasaric wrote:

Has their been an announcement when the Kick goes live?

No, sir. When I am satisfied with the level of completed work versus uncompleted work, I will have a better idea of the exact launch date. Right now I am still estimating early March. Writing is done, editing is underway, and art / maps have been rolling in. I'm very happy with the progress, but I want more before officially declaring a launch date.

Best,
Jeff T.  

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/22/2018 4:52 pm  #22

Ghul wrote:

Thrasaric wrote:

Has their been an announcement when the Kick goes live?

No, sir. When I am satisfied with the level of completed work versus uncompleted work, I will have a better idea of the exact launch date. Right now I am still estimating early March. Writing is done, editing is underway, and art / maps have been rolling in. I'm very happy with the progress, but I want more before officially declaring a launch date.

Mark of a pro!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/22/2018 6:32 pm  #23

Ghul wrote:

No, sir. When I am satisfied with the level of completed work versus uncompleted work, I will have a better idea of the exact launch date.

I wish more Kickstarter creators were this responsible. The 2e Kickstarter exceeded my expectations and I'm eager to see what you have in the works.

1/22/2018 7:03 pm  #24

Brock Savage wrote:

Ghul wrote:

No, sir. When I am satisfied with the level of completed work versus uncompleted work, I will have a better idea of the exact launch date.

I wish more Kickstarter creators were this responsible. The 2e Kickstarter exceeded my expectations and I'm eager to see what you have in the works.

Well, if you're anything like me, or if you were in my shoes, you might be thinking that the last Kickstarter was imperfect. You see, I forecasted July, so I announced August, but I didn't start fulfillment until mid-October. With a 600-page book, there were so many variables to manage, that even with my super-organized plan, stuff happened. I understand and appreciate that most folks feel that when a Kickstarter is 6-8 weeks overdue, it is actually early. But when it's my own project, I have greater expectations, and tardiness (my own, to be clear) drives me nuts.  

1/22/2018 8:39 pm  #25

Ghul wrote:

Brock Savage wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Well, if you're anything like me, or if you were in my shoes, you might be thinking that the last Kickstarter was imperfect. You see, I forecasted July, so I announced August, but I didn't start fulfillment until mid-October. With a 600-page book, there were so many variables to manage, that even with my super-organized plan, stuff happened. I understand and appreciate that most folks feel that when a Kickstarter is 6-8 weeks overdue, it is actually early. But when it's my own project, I have greater expectations, and tardiness (my own, to be clear) drives me nuts.  

That's why you are the Adamantine/Mithril/Oricalcum/Dwarf Star Alloy Standard of RPG Kickstarter people.

Best there is.

1/22/2018 9:51 pm  #26

francisca wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Brock Savage wrote:

That's why you are the Adamantine/Mithril/Oricalcum/Dwarf Star Alloy Standard of RPG Kickstarter people.

Best there is.

You are too kind!

1/23/2018 8:49 am  #27

North Wind allows one to pledge with confidence! 

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/23/2018 2:53 pm  #28

francisca wrote:

Best there is.

I originally read this as "Adamant" - owners of the infamous six-years-late Far West Kickstarter - and I almost had a stroke.
Anyway, your praise of Jeff is more than merited.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

1/23/2018 4:57 pm  #29

Yes, Ghul's Kickstarters are an insta-buy and one that I have no worries that it will be fulfilled.

What? Me worry?

1/24/2018 6:19 am  #30

Whenever I see the announcement of a new Kickstarter by Sine Nomine Publishing or North Wind Adventures, I know it's gonna go well ;)

1/24/2018 8:12 am  #31

Gosh, thanks guys!

1/24/2018 11:14 am  #32

Totally stoked for this kickstarter. I will definitely support. Really like the cover for the Anthropophagi one. Can't wait!

1/30/2018 2:35 pm  #33

Blackadder23 wrote:

I originally read this as "Adamant" - owners of the infamous six-years-late Far West Kickstarter - and I almost had a stroke.

That never occurred to me---there are light years of difference in quality between Jeff and Gareth Skarka---professionally, personally, and on every other measurable standard of "decent human being." 

Allan.

1/30/2018 3:29 pm  #34

grodog wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

That never occurred to me---there are light years of difference in quality between Jeff and Gareth Skarka---professionally, personally, and on every other measurable standard of "decent human being." 

Allan.

That's why I almost had a stroke!
I should have known francisca wouldn't insult Jeff that way.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

2/01/2018 7:07 am  #35

Handy Haversack wrote:

mavfire wrote:

Wow that was quick... just submitted that illo this weekend!

Del, that picture is amazing. So freaking good.

Gosh, thanks Handy. Glad you liked it... there are a few more in the pipe that should make this module pop!

And... I agree with all the previous sentiments... There is hardly a publisher out there that treats his Artists as well as Jeff, and his kickstarters are top notch! Not to mention the totally kick ass community beyond the north wind. 

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

2/02/2018 5:39 pm  #36

I'm still ready to hand over money for this project whenever your ready to take it =)

Has anyone seen one? Has anyone seen one in a hundred years??

2/02/2018 8:24 pm  #37

More art has arrived, and the editing is moving along. Still hoping for an early March launch. Thanks for your interest! 

2/03/2018 7:33 am  #38

Should be good! 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

2/03/2018 7:38 am  #39

Ghul wrote:

More art has arrived, and the editing is moving along. Still hoping for an early March launch. Thanks for your interest! 

Mamma is lettin' me have some allowance for this!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

2/15/2018 8:17 am  #40

Just chiming in my support of this awesomesauce

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.